View Poll Results: Rate Dante's Inferno

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    0 0%
  • 3

    0 0%
  • 4

    1 1.28%
  • 5

    6 7.69%
  • 6

    5 6.41%
  • 7

    11 14.10%
  • 8

    30 38.46%
  • 9

    19 24.36%
  • 10

    6 7.69%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Rate Dante's Inferno

  1. #11
    Very Senior Member Ruslan74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    1,807
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Completed the game last night and have to admit the boss fights are very well done. Truly a solid 60 fps gaming experience that the developers managed to wrap the whole Hell aspect quite well around it. Now have to mop up a few trophies for the Unholy tree for the plat and wait for Bioshock 2.

    God of War 3 better impress me as currently 3 other games have done it pretty well thus far.

  2. #12
    Oupa
    bored....
    SnakeEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    5,921
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    if this game feels and looks like GOW, thats like saying a car feels & looks like a ferrari

    ... is that a bad thing ?? .. i think not
    i have the NEED , the need for SPEED

  3. Saying Thanks:

    Crow777 (February 9th, 2010),  SamVice (March 15th, 2010),  Vena Sera (February 9th, 2010)  

  4. #13
    Very Senior Member Ruslan74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    1,807
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEater View Post
    if this game feels and looks like GOW, thats like saying a car feels & looks like a ferrari

    ... is that a bad thing ?? .. i think not
    Well, the same can be said about GoW as its simply a clone of a previous game before it.

    Nonetheless, what others are saying is that folks saving themselves for GoW are missing out on some (possibly) great(er) games out there.

  5. Saying Thanks:

    SnakeEater (February 10th, 2010)  

  6. #14
    Best Clan Sig Designer 2012
    o_O

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nosgoth
    Posts
    2,420
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    You were both 1 minute apart, hows that

    I started playing the game tonight, and I must say that the reviewer who said the game is a God of War clone must be the biggest moron reviewer I've heard of. He's probably a huge Kratos Fanboy and will probably find fault in any other hack and slash that ISN'T God of War, but Dante's Inferno is by no means a clone of God of War, it's extremely unique to be honest, and from my side, you can give me a million games that play and feel like God of War, slap on some new features, a new main character, and a decent story line, and I'll play it, the genre kicks ass, period.

    If people keep putting themselves off decent games like Dante's Inferno, and Darksiders just because it "feels" like God of War, they are really missing out on some pretty awesome games, and at the end of the day they'll be stuck with God of War as their only hack and slash, just because everything else feels inferior or like a "wannabe" or a clone to them. I might get flamed for this, but God of War is highly overrated in my opinion, yes it's an awesome hack and slash, but so was DMC3, and Castlevania Lament Of Innocence imo, and playing Dante's Inferno felt amazingly smooth, new, and made me feel like God of War has some serious competitors in the genre, not that I'm counting out God of War III, but the competition is catching up.
    Nicely put! Weird how no-one calls COD:MW2 a clone of Doom/Quake/Wolfenstein/Halflife etc etc. Same basic principle! All games are derivative of the original in the genre. First Person Shooters are ALL based of the concept of Doom, but no-one complains when a new FPS is released.

  7. #15
    Senior Member Nato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    944
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Considering that everyone compares DI to GOW why doesn't anyone mention the fact that DI runs at a constant 60 fps while GOW3 only manages around 30 fps? Doesn't that mean that DI from a technical point of view is better than than GOW3?

    If you play the demo of GOW3 directly after you played some DI you will notice that GOW doesn't feel as smooth as DI... Give some credit where it's due.
    Last edited by Nato; February 9th, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

  8. Saying Thanks:

    SamVice (March 15th, 2010)  

  9. #16
    Very Senior Member Ruslan74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    1,807
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nato View Post
    Considering that everyone compares DI to GOW why doesn't anyone mention the fact that DI runs at a constant 60 fps while GOW3 only manages around 30 fps? Doesn't that mean that DI from a technical point of view is better than than GOW3?

    If you play the demo of GOW3 directly after you played some DI you will notice that GOW doesn't feel as smooth as DI...
    Well, its a bit unfair to compare GoW 3's demo with a finished DI game as the developers should have improved the code by now. Similar to how FFXIII's frame rate improvement in the final game code has occurred.

    But yeah, I would sacrifice some visual splendor for a solid 60fps experience, specially if the game benefits from it.

  10. Saying Thanks:

    0rk0 (February 11th, 2010),  Nato (February 9th, 2010),  SamVice (March 15th, 2010)  

  11. #17
    Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Wlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Yahar'gul
    Posts
    4,003
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    At the final boss fight now, I think. Awesome game, really fun and plays very smooth and fluid. Definitely not a GOW clone like most reveiwers say, actually got me to go out and buy the Divine Comedy. Can't wait for the Trails of St. Lucia.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

  12. Saying Thanks:

    SamVice (March 15th, 2010)  

  13. #18
    Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    riezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg South
    Posts
    16,579
    Experience

    Default

    I think you missed this one bud http://www.ps3za.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=44723
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

  14. #19
    Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Arcanecynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    3,670
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I think it's the "God of War III VS Dante's Inferno" thread that the guys are going on about Dante being a clone, honestly, I wish people would just stop comparing and looking for the superior, and just enjoy the damn game.

    Dante's Inferno has elements of a damn hack and slash, not a God of War clone, then I might as well go and say that GoW has Devil May Cry elements which it does, so what if they play the same? The power system (L1+ , , , ) feels the same as the one Darksiders implemented, and did God of War have this? No. You used up, down, left, right to pick a power, then use it, so the system changed. Kratos had NO ranged attacks other than the blades of chaos/Athena that could go really far, Darksiders brought in guns, a throwing blade, as Dante brings the cross. In GoW you could control enemies by jumping on their heads, sure Darksiders had that, so does Dante, but it's more flexible, and it was utilized better, even Batman Arkham Asylum had that feature.

    Yes, God of War III will probably be the superior game, but have you Kratos fanboys taken into consideration that this is the THIRD installment to the series where as this is the first Dante's Inferno game, the first Darksiders game, so I'm looking forward to seeing squeals to both titles, and watching the Kratos Fanboys QQ some more. Don't get me wrong, I love God of War, but I don't worship it.
    Last edited by Arcanecynic; February 10th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

  15. Saying Thanks:

    gaseoussnake (December 16th, 2010),  riezo (February 10th, 2010),  Ruslan74 (February 10th, 2010),  SPR1NGBOKKE (December 30th, 2010),  Wlad (February 10th, 2010)  

  16. #20
    Addicted Member Basjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brackenfell Cape Town
    Posts
    3,758
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    I think it's the "God of War III VS Dante's Inferno" thread that the guys are going on about Dante being a clone, honestly, I wish people would just stop comparing and looking for the superior, and just enjoy the damn game.

    Dante's Inferno has elements of a damn hack and slash, not a God of War clone, then I might as well go and say that GoW has Devil May Cry elements which it does, so what if they play the same? The power system (L1+ , , , ) feels the same as the one Darksiders implemented, and did God of War have this? No. You used up, down, left, right to pick a power, then use it, so the system changed. Kratos had NO ranged attacks other than the blades of chaos/Athena that could go really far, Darksiders brought in guns, a throwing blade, as Dante brings the cross. In GoW you could control enemies by jumping on their heads, sure Darksiders had that, so does Dante, but it's more flexible, and it was utilized better, even Batman Arkham Asylum had that feature.

    Yes, God of War III will probably be the superior game, but have you Kratos fanboys taken into consideration that this is the THIRD installment to the series where as this is the first Dante's Inferno game, the first Darksiders game, so I'm looking forward to seeing squeals to both titles, and watching the Kratos Fanboys QQ some more. Don't get me wrong, I love God of War, but I don't worship it.
    Kratos had the bow. It cost mana to use but it's still a ranged attack.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •