Poll: Rate BF:BC2

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

At this stage, the game has done nothing but disappoint me, I picked up my copy from BT Games yesterday (PC, not PS3) got home, and installed the game. After about an hours installation, I was prompted for a patch which took around 15 minutes to download. After that, I decided to check out the single player, and it looked quite promising. I then exited and tried the multiplayer which is kinda why I bought the game in the first place. I get prompted to create a new EA account, so I do so, enter my key, and all required other info, then as I click complete, I get the following "Cannot connect to EA server, please try again later" so being a bit annoyed, I try again, and again, and again, then I decided to leave it, and try later. Came back two hours later, tried again, still the same crap. 5th time was the charm, it eventually processed my details, now I go to find server... I had already checked the saix.net site for servers, they have about 6 listed, just like with MW1, but yet, there is no "add server" option, I need to refresh for servers which takes so extremely long, it's just stupid. Eventually I find a server with the lowest ping (187, wtf?) and click join, then I get prompted to login again ffs. I enter my details, then get prompted for my damn product key AGAIN, which I entered around 4 times, and it kept saying "The key has already been activated on another account" but it accepts my login details? Eventually after more struggle, I was able to log in, yet again, I found no servers with ping under 180ms, which was horrible, so I joined one just to at least see what the game play was like, got in after 5 minutes of loading, then got kicked by Punkbuster because punkbuster just wanted to kick me. Horrible experience.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Super Moderator
    Most helpful intimidating forum legend
    Overworked and Underpaid.
    Game IDs
    Experience

And all of those issues are bypassed by playing the PS3 version No patches, no CD-Keys and you are in and playing a MP game within 10 seconds. Plus no lag either. The game is just too popular, hence the Website taking a hammering and most of your problems. The ingame PS3 store is most likely hosted on the same PC based servers as that is up and down, but at least they put up a ticker ingame to tell you this, so you know to steer clear of the store until they have recitified the issue..... I still can't believe that 18 hours in on MP and I've yet to have 1 laggy game. Much better effort this time over BFBC1.
    Hidden Content

My Flickr Page -> Hidden Content
    My 500px Page ->
    Hidden Content
    My PSN Profile -> Hidden Content

3. Saying Thanks:

RagedBumbleBee (March 8th, 2010)  

Oupa
    Regular Joe :)
    Experience

Bad luck mate!
    i hope u get it all sorted soon!

When i look at the prices of console games i often wonder if i should return to te PC world but then i'm reminded of things like this.

I guess we just pay a premium 4 easy set up and go.
    Good luck getting it sorted!

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

PS3 ftw!

Jesus loves you sooo much
    Experience

Only played MP sofar and i like, very different to the first one but very strong, alot of focus on team play - when attacking dont you just hate it when some of your team mates snipe and hides in the bushes and you have to run miles !! stupid fools

Oupa
    Regular Joe :)
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Only played MP sofar and i like, very different to the first one but very strong, alot of focus on team play - when attacking dont you just hate it when some of your team mates snipe and hides in the bushes and you have to run miles !! stupid fools
    Thats why i only play conquest.
    No bottle-necking!
    Very few snipers IMO.

Super Moderator
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yep... I don't mind them sniping up close, but unless you are all snipers, it's pretty frustrating using those snipers as spawns , but what grates me the most is all the players that don't quite know how to play yet, or the ones that are playing for stats... Nothing more frustrating than you being the only one trying to disarm the charge as the rest of the 7 or 8 players are just parking off either inside the house with the charge or outside watching the flashing red lights and not even attempting a disarm. I've disarmed so many charges that are going mental and are about 0.1s away from blowing up. That grates me When the bomb is planted..... You make your way to disarm it or protect the one disarming (me)... not carry on doing what you were doing...
    Last edited by MaXiM; March 8th, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
    Hidden Content

My 500px Page ->
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Lost and Found
    Game IDs
    Experience

I don't get snipers myself, lots more fun running and knifing a guy than it is sitting in a bush all day.....

10. Saying Thanks:

The Pastor (March 8th, 2010)  

Super Moderator
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ZenFire View Post
    I don't get snipers myself, lots more fun running and knifing a guy than it is sitting in a bush all day.....
    Amen to that. I've played Sniper a few times on defense and mainly to get the Sniper Badges and Weapons Unlocks, but the other 3 kits are way more fun.
    Hidden Content

My 500px Page ->
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

The squad deathmatch mode thus far has been the most enjoyable as its small vicious firefights with 2-6 squads of 4 players each in specific maps. Pretty hectic and if you have a good squad you can rack up quite a nifty kill count. As stated in previous comments the conquest modes rely on too many people to have an efficient outcome, squad deathmatch can be dominated by a close squad of only 4 players.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast