Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139189219235236237238239
Results 2,381 to 2,388 of 2388

Thread: TV Bargains

Game IDs
    Experience

So it's not the tv at least I thought it would be. Also love how he points out how flatpanelshd and avsforums didn't pick up on the tv brightening a picture more than it should on hdr content.

Man, I think I have to change my environment to suit an oled rather than sacrifice how content was intended to be viewed.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah the Q9F reviews have made me feel even better about my “old” OLED purchase.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Game IDs
    Experience

Game IDs
    Experience

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi6jiRTnJP1/
    @KenMasters, I don't know how tired you get of the number or mentions but you're the resident trusted advisor. This link is for one of Vincent's calibrated q9fn panels. One of the pics shows a graph. Is it correct that even after calibration 1000 nit content is displayed at around 1500 nits? Did I read that correctly? Looks like it tracks lower brightness pretty much how it was authored but brighter content is displayed a lot brighter than intended?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi6jiRTnJP1/
    @KenMasters, I don't know how tired you get of the number or mentions but you're the resident trusted advisor. This link is for one of Vincent's calibrated q9fn panels. One of the pics shows a graph. Is it correct that even after calibration 1000 nit content is displayed at around 1500 nits? Did I read that correctly? Looks like it tracks lower brightness pretty much how it was authored but brighter content is displayed a lot brighter than intended?
    No problem. Actually I prefer people doing the mention thing over the PMs I get (if for no other reason than not having to type the same info over multiple times).

That is what the graph shows, but it is the default CalMAN graph, he probably had his pattern generator set to send a more Q9FN appropriate 1500 nit signal to the display. So while the Delta E looks bad, it's just because of the way the graph was being used, it doesn't reflect real world performance. In fact I'm not even sure you can change the graph from the 1000 nit target default.

6. Saying Thanks:

QuiXilver (May 19th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    No problem. Actually I prefer people doing the mention thing over the PMs I get (if for no other reason than not having to type the same info over multiple times).

That is what the graph shows, but it is the default CalMAN graph, he probably had his pattern generator set to send a more Q9FN appropriate 1500 nit signal to the display. So while the Delta E looks bad, it's just because of the way the graph was being used, it doesn't reflect real world performance. In fact I'm not even sure you can change the graph from the 1000 nit target default.
    Ah ok. I really would love to see this side by side with an oled like the C8 in day and night environments. I dont get that warm fuzzy feeling with this tv after Vincent's review. Especially the out of the box colours. For a flag ship model I expected it to be pretty good.

I know you said you're waiting for about 200 odd hours usage before calibrating but how is yours out the box?

Game IDs
    Experience

Ah ok. I really would love to see this side by side with an oled like the C8 in day and night environments. I dont get that warm fuzzy feeling with this tv after Vincent's review. Especially the out of the box colours. For a flag ship model I expected it to be pretty good.
    Yea, that is disappointing and something that's been picked up on across multiple review sites.

I know you said you're waiting for about 200 odd hours usage before calibrating but how is yours out the box?
    Very impressive out the box in SDR (except the game mode) - not perfect but certainly good enough. I can see the Dolby Vision mode is a bit off but standard HDR looks good. I've only done cursory measurements to set the right peak brightness for SDR and to confirm settings for game mode though.

Unfortunately I'll have to wait even longer than the initial settling in period as there's a problem with CalMAN's 3D LUT implementation that needs to be sorted out first before I invest the time to run the calibrations.
    Last edited by KenMasters; May 19th, 2018 at 03:20 PM.

9. Saying Thanks:

QuiXilver (May 19th, 2018)  

Very Senior Member
    Now drop on the deck and flop like a fish
    Experience

Hey, I hope someone can help me here. I am looking for a 3d tv and found this one (LG 55LF650T 55")

http://www.loot.co.za/product/lg-55l...bgyg-3619-g6a0

For around R6000 is it a good one to get versus the Samsung ones? I will be using it mostly for gaming (i do still use gamecubes, famiclone systems, etc but i mostly play guitar hero.) and then watching blurays and movies from usb devices. I have around 70 3d blurays which we still watch from timw to time. Basically how does this one perform when compared to the samsung ua55f6400ak? Both are second hand...
    Last edited by UnforgivN; May 20th, 2018 at 09:57 AM.

Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139189219235236237238239