Page 273 of 273 FirstFirst ... 173223253269270271272273
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2730

Thread: TV Bargains

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Just a question - seems people are keen on 65s here for the 45 to 50k mark, did you all miss the 65 B8 at 39k - or is it not a consideration as an option? I get why MJ went with the Panny as it seems to be a stellar screen (I would think C8 league or better) but sort of wondering about the other guys in here unless you're all vying for the C8 or better.
    Last edited by theprince; December 6th, 2018 at 08:53 PM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by theprince View Post
    Just a question - seems people are keen on 65s here for the 45 to 50k mark, did you all miss the 65 B8 at 39k - or is it not a consideration as an option? I get why MJ went with the Panny as it seems to be a stellar screen (I would think C8 league or better) but sort of wondering about the other guys in here unless you're all vying for the C8 or better.
    The B8 uses a 2018 panel but is driven by a 2017 video processor, the C8 and above all have the newer Alpha 9 processor. In practical terms for the average user you're not missing out on much, the LUT uses less data points so colour isn't as finely delineated, but I don't think most people will notice or care. The TV sits midway between the other 2018 LGs and the 2017 models.

3. Saying Thanks:

theprince (December 6th, 2018)  

Very Senior Member
    Experience

Yeah just wandered why folk didn't mention it ito costings when the other TVs were mentioned - hence my assumption that they wanted top of the line panels in the Panny or the C8. It was on special for 39k which when you look at a 55 for 30k, makes sense that people would've jumped at a 65 for 9k more and not the 25k for extra 10" if you get my meaning.

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    Do you guys have a link to the 65" Panny for R45k ?
    Loot has a 75" 75Q6F for R40K

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    It's listed at 50k but can be got for 45k
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Loot has a 75" 75Q6F for R40K
    Hmmm, tempting... but worried the 6-series is quite a bit inferior to the 7/8/9 - I also saw the 82NU8000 for 50k... wondering if the 6-series to 8-series comparison can be made between the Q and NU ranges?

Anyone have any specifics on the differences between the Q6 and the NU8000 ? My gut tells me Q is a step above, but I have no actual data to confirm this.

Ultimately, would I even notice?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    Hmmm, tempting... but worried the 6-series is quite a bit inferior to the 7/8/9 - I also saw the 82NU8000 for 50k... wondering if the 6-series to 8-series comparison can be made between the Q and NU ranges?

Anyone have any specifics on the differences between the Q6 and the NU8000 ? My gut tells me Q is a step above, but I have no actual data to confirm this.

Ultimately, would I even notice?
    They appear to be much of a muchness, the one distinction being the slightly wider gamut coverage of the Q (though neither is particularly good in this regard): https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...&threshold=0.1

8. Saying Thanks:

Tag11 (Yesterday)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Still on the hunt for a discounted B8/C8. If you see on, give me a shout please.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    Still on the hunt for a discounted B8/C8. If you see on, give me a shout please.
    For proper discounts you're probably going to have to wait until Q2 of next year.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    For proper discounts you're probably going to have to wait until Q2 of next year.
    yeah, i fear as much :-( Will probably only see the 9 series launching then (along with stock clearing on 8 series).

I don't know if I have the willpower to last that long....

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    yeah, i fear as much :-( Will probably only see the 9 series launching then (along with stock clearing on 8 series).

I don't know if I have the willpower to last that long....
    Well, on the plus side the speculation is OLED will be going mainstream next year with the introduction of a 49" model and generally lower price points. Given the maturity of the technology, the next step is pricing to take the bottom out of the midrange LCD market.

13. Saying Thanks:

adamr (December 10th, 2018)  

Page 273 of 273 FirstFirst ... 173223253269270271272273