Page 356 of 357 FirstFirst ... 256306336352353354355356357 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3569

Thread: TV Bargains

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 5NAKE View Post
    I am in currently in Market to upgrade my current TV in 2 months time.

My currently TV is LG 65" https://www.lg.com/za/tvs/lg-65SK8000PVA

Love it to bits. Great picture quality (sure its not OLED amazing quality but still good), great viewing angel and HDR works great on my PS4 Pro. Local dimming though sucks big time I actually turn it off. Plex, Youtube and Netflix smart tv works solid overall from my experience.

Although I want to upgrade to much bigger size to 85 which of course bigger is better. Im keen on either these ones.

https://www.digitalexperience.co.za/...tv-kd-85x800h/

https://www.hirschs.co.za/lg-218cm-8...tv-86nano90vna

Sure LG supports HDMI 2.1 while Sony one doesnt, but issue is my current AVR is Onkyo TX-NR676 7.2 Channel Network A/V (https://www.audicoonline.co.za/Onkyo-TXNR-676E) My receiver only supports 4k @60hz with HDR. Not keen to upgrade it again and buying HDMI 2.1 cables just to get that 4k@120hz.

Any feedback or advice? Regarding on my choices.
    I would rather get this 75" in that price bracket.

https://www.tafelberg.co.za/product/...t-tv-qa75q80t/
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Sounds like a mistake and they will issue refund tbh
    Makes sense.

I would still have loved to get it if it was for real!!

Addicted Member
    ^_^
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I would rather get this 75" in that price bracket.

https://www.tafelberg.co.za/product/...t-tv-qa75q80t/
    Its 75" though. These ones is 85"

Game IDs
    Experience

Its 75" though. These ones is 85"
    Rather get the much better TV than the Nano, I will rather get a great 75" than a ****ty 85".

5. Saying Thanks:

Cerealkiller (February 12th, 2021),  G_SHARK001 (February 13th, 2021)  

Addicted Member
    ^_^
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    Rather get the much better TV than the Nano, I will rather get a great 75" than a ****ty 85".
    Fair point. They are both different panels between VA and IPS. I havent tested out VA panel TVS in a while

I think when I get my PS5 I'll give it test run on both TVS at retail shops and see which one wins for me.

I know OLED are amazing and their black level is mind blowing but price and screen burn in risk is not worth it for me.

Game IDs
    Experience

Fair point. They are both different panels between VA and IPS. I havent tested out VA panel TVS in a while

I think when I get my PS5 I'll give it test run on both TVS at retail shops and see which one wins for me.

I know OLED are amazing and their black level is mind blowing but price and screen burn in risk is not worth it for me.
    I bought the 65" Q80T after a lot of research and in my opinion it gives you the most bang for your buck.

There is a huge difference between the QT and Nano, not so much between the QT and OLED.

8. Saying Thanks:

5NAKE (February 12th, 2021),  Cerealkiller (February 12th, 2021),  SPR1NGBOKKE (February 24th, 2021)  

Experience

Was hoping that the LG OLED C9 65" would hit R35k. But Takealot is having a fire sale on the thing at the normal price, not even the R40k it was a few weeks ago.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Hey man just thought i would add my 2c seeing as i am in the position that you are in however i have progressed futher down the upgrade hole than you have at this point.

For starters I was up till very recently running the LG 55SK8000 and was very happy with it except for its black levels. Over all i really liked that TV. Great OS / UI and the over all stock out of the box sound was amazing, another thing i really liked was the Colors it produced (now to be fair my room is very darkly lit) so having a high brightness output to me is not needed / concerned about.

I purchased a Samsung 55Q70T as my upgrade, few things to note: the black levels are far superior than the the LG (this would be obvious seeing as it is IPS vs VA), but the Q70T does not have local area dimming and it is still way better so the Q80T will be even better by default. The OS is snappy and fast but not as impactful as the LG OS but you get used to it relatively fast.

The Samsung OS intelligence is very good. Everything i plugged in was picked up and could be setup without issue. The sound however was horrible on this Samsung the stock speakers are not great (in comparison to the 2018 LG they are really bad). Now I use an old set of 2.1 Harmon/Kardon wired speakers that i used in conjunction with my LG. Now the LG offer the option of using the TV speakers + external speakers (at the same time) plugged into the earphone analogue Jack, the Samsung does not come with the standard earphone analogue Jack. which rendered my previous setup worthless (which for any TV over 10K, loosing features is aggravating) to say the least. The Samsung annoyingly also only allows 1 sound output channel. If you have a sound bar or some other Digital sound device connected you cant run both only ever 1.

Highly recommend a Sound Bar or alternative sound device with the Samsung TVs. As for the brightness it is why higher than the IPS LG and i have lowered the backlight of mine to 80% while running HDR / 4K content.
    Last edited by Goiki7; February 22nd, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

11. Saying Thanks:

5NAKE (February 22nd, 2021),  bokka1 (February 22nd, 2021)  

Addicted Member
    ^_^
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goiki7 View Post
    Hey man just thought i would add my 2c seeing as i am in the position that you are in however i have progressed futher down the upgrade hole than you have at this point.

For starters I was up till very recently running the LG 55SK8000 and was very happy with it except for its black levels. Over all i really liked that TV. Great OS / UI and the over all stock out of the box sound was amazing, another thing i really liked was the Colors it produced (now to be fair my room is very darkly lit) so having a high brightness output to me is not needed / concerned about.

I purchased a Samsung 55Q70T as my upgrade, few things to note: the black levels are far superior than the the LG (this would be obvious seeing as it is IPS vs VA), but the Q70T does not have local area dimming and it is still way better so the Q80T will be even better by default. The OS is snappy and fast but not as impactful as the LG OS but you get used to it relatively fast.

The Samsung OS intelligence is very good. Everything i plugged in was picked up and could be setup without issue. The sound however was horrible on this Samsung the stock speakers are not great (in comparison to the 2018 LG they are really bad). Now I use an old set of 2.1 Harmon/Kardon wired speakers that i used in conjunction with my LG. Now the LG offer the option of using the TV speakers + external speakers (at the same time) plugged into the earphone analogue Jack, the Samsung does not come with the standard earphone analogue Jack. which rendered my previous setup worthless (which for any TV over 10K, loosing features is aggravating) to say the least. The Samsung annoyingly also only allows 1 sound output channel. If you have a sound bar or some other Digital sound device connected you cant run both only ever 1.

Highly recommend a Sound Bar or alternative sound device with the Samsung TVs. As for the brightness it is why higher than the IPS LG and i have lowered the backlight of mine to 80% while running HDR / 4K content.
    Thanks for great feedback on this! I'll give VA panel a proper go on since from @bokka1 feedback regarding black levels on this. Only thing it stops me is viewing angels. Its gotta be in a TV room and I need good view angles for this. The moment goes 45 degress or further and cant see the image then this is will be a deal breaker for me however I gotta give proper look and what the retailers has offer me. Not gotta buy it blind until I proper test it.

Regarding the sound. Not too fuss about it however I got a Onkyo TX-NR646 with 6.2 Sony speakers. and if I get a TV that supports HDMI 2.1 unfortunately 4@120hz will not work on this on my current AVR and need to upgrade it

Decision decision. Next month in March I gotta give LG, Sony and Samsung TVs a proper go and see how it runs and shows for me. I'll go for the best to worse TV choice.

Oupa
    You dont Wanna know. No Really. Trust me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Thanks for great feedback on this! I'll give VA panel a proper go on since from @bokka1 feedback regarding black levels on this. Only thing it stops me is viewing angels. Its gotta be in a TV room and I need good view angles for this. The moment goes 45 degress or further and cant see the image then this is will be a deal breaker for me however I gotta give proper look and what the retailers has offer me. Not gotta buy it blind until I proper test it.

Regarding the sound. Not too fuss about it however I got a Onkyo TX-NR646 with 6.2 Sony speakers. and if I get a TV that supports HDMI 2.1 unfortunately 4@120hz will not work on this on my current AVR and need to upgrade it

Decision decision. Next month in March I gotta give LG, Sony and Samsung TVs a proper go and see how it runs and shows for me. I'll go for the best to worse TV choice.
    Just my 2c.

I have a Samsung Q900R VA panel in the theater room and a Q80 (I think) in the living room. Our study also sports an older 2018 Samsung VA TV (Q6f).

I was worried about the same thing as you regarding VA panels and viewing angles when I bought my first QLED. I'm not even the slightest bit concerned anymore. I've driven myself insane walking from Side to side looking for brightness and color shifts and could not pick anything up until I walk to an unreasonable angle where nobody would even be able to see a picture anyway. It really is a non issue for me. Granted, all the rooms with these TV's are able to be relatively darkend or almost completely blacked out so maybe that helps. But even in daytime with the curtains opened, it's never been an issue for me. The Qled technology has matured enough to make this a non issue and I think most people with concerns of this are believing in myths from a decade ago.

Granted, with some fancy technology and measurement instruments you could completely prove me wrong and throw algorithms and graphs at me, but to me the user experience is what counts. And if my eye can not see a significant impact and I need measurement tools to tell me there some color shift, then it basically means my viewing experience and my enjoyment of the TV are not affected. Like I said, I've walked from side to side and driven myself nuts doing so.

Go for the QLED And enjoy.
    Last edited by G_SHARK001; February 24th, 2021 at 08:51 AM.

14. Saying Thanks:

5NAKE (February 24th, 2021),  bokka1 (February 24th, 2021),  Goiki7 (February 24th, 2021)  

Page 356 of 357 FirstFirst ... 256306336352353354355356357 LastLast