Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233263279280281282283
Results 2,821 to 2,828 of 2828

Thread: Motorcycle Owners

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by wadrin View Post
    Sooo asking for a friend... who has experience selling a bike and selling privately? I am aware you get the best bang for your buck, making the most out of the sale but of course I would be concerned about the whole process being a tad inconvenient as opposed to selling your beloved to the motorcycle dealers.
    Whatís the question?

Dealers are very reluctant to take bikes in these days unless you are buying from them on a trade-in due to the six month CPA warranty thing.

Usually they build that into the price and so you get even less.

Sold both my last bikes privately and actually bought the latest one privately even though it was basically brand new.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    What’s the question?

Dealers are very reluctant to take bikes in these days unless you are buying from them on a trade-in due to the six month CPA warranty thing.

Usually they build that into the price and so you get even less.

Sold both my last bikes privately and actually bought the latest one privately even though it was basically brand new.
    How is the process selling it privately? I have never done this before but would like to get the best out the deal because here is the thing, I am still owning on the bike with the bank and a dealer is obviously going to undercut me and of course they need to make profit which I understand. As far as I know I need to settle the debt first then do the change of ownership.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by wadrin View Post
    How is the process selling it privately? I have never done this before but would like to get the best out the deal because here is the thing, I am still owning on the bike with the bank and a dealer is obviously going to undercut me and of course they need to make profit which I understand. As far as I know I need to settle the debt first then do the change of ownership.
    Yeah youíll need to either settle it out of your pocket or find a very patient buyer who is happy to wait a few days after payment to get the paperwork.

You cannot sell something you donít own and therefore canít sell it without the papers.

In my case they were all settled at tile of sale but I do believe the buyer can transfer the bike directly from the bankís name to his own.

Basically buyer decides to buy. Pays you the money (in your case the settlement value as a deposit would work and then pays the difference when you provide the papers). You then provide an invoice of sorts to that value or just a declaration of sale with your ID number and the particulars of the bike.

Then you fill in the one form to take off your name and take it to the municipality yourself to avoid any fines and surprises because the other guy didnít do the transfer.

You provide him with a signed form and copy of your ID (and in your case the one from the bank with that paperwork) and he takes it in for transfer.

In between you also provide a roadworthy certificate which you can get at Dekra. Most intelligent buyers wonít touch a bike without this where the seller leaves it to be their problem to sort out.

This is a useful thread.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/thre...-guide.359350/

If the buyer themselves is financing Iíve found Wesbank Private finance to be amazing and theyíll basically do all of the work for you and you basically just sign here and there. Only thing you need to do is take it for an assessment at an appointed dealer or vendor.
    Hidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

wadrin (August 14th, 2019)  

Experience

Thanks alot, unfortunately tough times have come and the luxuries must be let go. Really appreciate it.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Motorcycle Owners

Who was the MV Augusta die hard in here again?

Was it only @xdav666 or was there another I seem to recall who had a few of them?
    Hidden Content

Experience

Hi there SauRoN

It was me owned 3 of them. Still cool bikes. But they will break down eventually. My Aprilia and none of my Austrian bikes have given trouble........ YET

8. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (August 15th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn182 View Post
    Hi there SauRoN

It was me owned 3 of them. Still cool bikes. But they will break down eventually. My Aprilia and none of my Austrian bikes have given trouble........ YET
    Aha! Now it all comes together.

Guys on Carbonite were talking about MVís and people who actually own them so I pointed them here.
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Who was the MV Augusta die hard in here again?

Was it only @xdav666 or was there another I seem to recall who had a few of them?
    Still have the 2 and going strong. Plus my suspension is sorted....
    You know you about to fight the main Boss when the red dragon you fighting turn's & Say's **** this i'm outa here.

Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233263279280281282283