Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 176797113114115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,169 of 1169

Thread: Telkom - General

Game IDs
    Experience

Serious question here.

We're moving end of April and I have a telkom ADSL line as well as a uncapped package from axxess for internet.

When would be the best time to cancel the services?

Experience

Axxess any time before the 20th of the month.

Telkom, 6 months ago.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Serious question here.

We're moving end of April and I have a telkom ADSL line as well as a uncapped package from axxess for internet.

When would be the best time to cancel the services?
    As soon as possible, it takes them anything from 30days to 60 days to process it.

We got lucky at the office when I cancelled the line, begining of Jan, they processed it by 25Feb, they invoiced us after the line was closed, but we quieried it and ended up getting a month's fees refunded.

Game IDs
    Experience

Thanks @Wyvern @StarBound

Couldn't really cancel before knowing when the house would register for the purchasers.

I've requested a cancellation today - I'll ask some contacts in my old company to maybe assist me here.

Experience

Well the problem is telkom really. You don't simply walk into Mordor and you don't simply cancel your Telkom account. You have read the horror stories. I suppose to upside is if you moved and cancelled then when they eventually get you you refer to the move date.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Thanks @Wyvern @StarBound

Couldn't really cancel before knowing when the house would register for the purchasers.

I've requested a cancellation today - I'll ask some contacts in my old company to maybe assist me here.
    Did you do it online? Since that is the only way supposedly for home lines

It took me 5 phone calls, at least 30mins on hold, to finally get the forms. Then they phoned to confirm the cancellation but I was out and they never phoned back, so I figured it wasnt processed. Somehow it was so the next big fight has been with Trudon to get off the white and yellow pages as well as the internet listing - you pay a small fortune for that and they do not want to take you off that list.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Did you do it online? Since that is the only way supposedly for home lines

It took me 5 phone calls, at least 30mins on hold, to finally get the forms. Then they phoned to confirm the cancellation but I was out and they never phoned back, so I figured it wasnt processed. Somehow it was so the next big fight has been with Trudon to get off the white and yellow pages as well as the internet listing - you pay a small fortune for that and they do not want to take you off that list.
    Yeah, did it this morning via the online portal (which is utter crap).

but I have contacts in telecoms from my previous job and I'll call in a favour, I also know our account manager from telkom, he's on the business side so might only get me a contact on the residential side, but I'm crossing fingers that I don't get stuck paying this account for the next 3 months or something - i'll be miffed.

8. Saying Thanks:

Wyvern (April 1st, 2019)  

Experience

So I've cancelled my telkom line at end December... I'm still getting invoices from them. They don't resolve my issues and their call centre is horrible... anyone know how I fix their mess?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Diego_1za View Post
    So I've cancelled my telkom line at end December... I'm still getting invoices from them. They don't resolve my issues and their call centre is horrible... anyone know how I fix their mess?
    Perseverance unfortunately. They randomly invoiced my sister for 2 routers she apparently purchased. She queried it with them, and they acknowledged the error. Two months later, her line was cut for non-payment of the routers.

Intentionally or not, their billing system is an utter cr*pshoot.

11. Saying Thanks:

Diego_1za (April 12th, 2019)  

Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 176797113114115116117