Thread: Kane & Lynch 2 First Impressions

Gaming Wizard
    Eat, Gym, Game Sleep and Repeat
    Experience

Default Kane & Lynch 2 First Impressions

I started the game last night and got through 3 chapters, the game is a very fast paced 3rd person shooter.

When you start the game you get this feeling that something is wrong with the graphics and you then realize that they just giving you a handheld cam effect.

The game is very straight forward, so far it is the same thing, run and gun, very linear and nothing different about it, there's always tons if enemies that take ample punishment and the cover system isn't very helpful...oh and the guns are horrid.

The game imo isn't great but it's decent fun and has a very gritty criminal feel to it with a good story.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyTdi View Post
    I started the game last night and got through 3 chapters, the game is a very fast paced 3rd person shooter.

When you start the game you get this feeling that something is wrong with the graphics and you then realize that they just giving you a handheld cam effect.

The game is very straight forward, so far it is the same thing, run and gun, very linear and nothing different about it, there's always tons if enemies that take ample punishment and the cover system isn't very helpful...oh and the guns are horrid.

The game imo isn't great but it's decent fun and has a very gritty criminal feel to it with a good story.
    I actually like the visual style a lot, there is nothing out there that looks the same. The sound is also really awesome, I really wish I had a decent sound system to play this on.

I will agree with you that the game is very straight forward and very linear, but I don't see that as a bad thing. The first game was more like an action film like Heat wheras this is more gritty, less of an action (anti)hero game and more just a brutal shooter.

I don't get why everyone is complaining about the guns, I have no problems with any of the guns - I always shoot more or less exactly where I'm aiming.

Multiplayer is good as well, if you can get a lag free game. At first I thought it was my crappy connection, but then I heard the internationals complaining while we were playing as well.

So far the game is exactly what I expected it will be and I'm really enjoying it.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Gaming Wizard
    Former Nick -> Dark Soul
    Game IDs
    Experience

I think I'll get my copy tonight Wooop
    "Use your smile to change the world. Don't let the world change your smile."

Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I think I'll get my copy tonight Wooop
    Awesome! We gonna do co-op?
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Gaming Wizard
    Eat, Gym, Game Sleep and Repeat
    Experience

I've completed the game today and the first thing I must say is it is really short, probably took me around 4 hours on hard.

The game started off a bit wired and I had mixed feelings with the whole video cam thing but it grew on me as the game went on, Almost like your watching a video that's streaming live.

The story isn't great but the good thing is it doesn't fade away, it actually gets a bit interesting half way through.

I hated the guns in the beginning and felt they don't have range and aren't very accurate but there are some better guns later on...but all in all it still irritates you as you always have tons of enemies who can take massive punishment and the cover system hardly helps.