Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mafia 2 review ign and eurogamer

Very Senior Member
    Experience

I couldn't care less what these okes think!! Each of us has a different opinion on games etc. I pre-ordered my Collectors Edition and I can't wait to start playing it on Friday

Experience

So far all the reviews i've read all mention the fact the massive open world is not in fact very open. If thats the case I think I might skip this one. I'd want a GTA clone to actually clone the fun parts!

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by cowbrains View Post
    So far all the reviews i've read all mention the fact the massive open world is not in fact very open. If thats the case I think I might skip this one. I'd want a GTA clone to actually clone the fun parts!
    But therein lies the problem. Mafia is NOT a GTA clone, you cannot even compare the games to each other. I don't know if you played the original Mafia, but the world wasn't very open either. Sure, you could go where you wanted to, but there wasn't really much to do - other than missions. If you wanted to free roam you had to choose free ride extreme, a game mode completely seperated from the main game. Mafia was, and the sequel is, about telling a mobster story. The first game pushed the envelope in interactive storytelling and from what I've seen in the demo and read in reviews Mafia II will do that once again.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    But therein lies the problem. Mafia is NOT a GTA clone, you cannot even compare the games to each other. I don't know if you played the original Mafia, but the world wasn't very open either. Sure, you could go where you wanted to, but there wasn't really much to do - other than missions. If you wanted to free roam you had to choose free ride extreme, a game mode completely seperated from the main game. Mafia was, and the sequel is, about telling a mobster story. The first game pushed the envelope in interactive storytelling and from what I've seen in the demo and read in reviews Mafia II will do that once again.
    You right about that, but i'm sure people will feel its a waste to construct such a massive open world which only exists to serve the missions. Well hope the story is really good, might just get it!

Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    Experience

Eurogamer must be upset about something....

A 4 implies that the game is broken, and that game seems to be running fine. The very person that did the IGN review said the game is fun, and he would actually recommend it for trophies in a completely different discussion.

I think the Eurogamer reviewer was hoping for a Read Dead Redemption beater.
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    Eurogamer must be upset about something....

A 4 implies that the game is broken, and that game seems to be running fine. The very person that did the IGN review said the game is fun, and he would actually recommend it for trophies in a completely different discussion.

I think the Eurogamer reviewer was hoping for a Read Dead Redemption beater.
    Eurogamer has a reputation for extremely harsh reviews and most of them are unwarranted. So wouldnt take them too seriously.

Gaming Wizard
    Eat, Gym, Game Sleep and Repeat
    Experience

Forget about the reviews, just get the game it's sick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123