Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Infractions & Bans

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Lets be honest. Apart from banning the member, nothing else is ever done. A few cases went to the police and still nothing. The guilty party just keeps making new accounts.

They should let people comment in sales thread.

But never mind. Its a sales site first, community last there.
    Yeah, beyond banning them nothing else really ever happens but does there need to be a pages long discussion which often ends up being meme's and jokes need to happen every time someone gets scammed?

To prevent this, they have the rules in place. I also think it is harsh for it to result in a ban but they do have the warning already there.

Don't agree with the sales threads requiring comments though. Just look at how things are over here, you have the regular forum sheriffs who can't help but comment if they feel something is overpriced or was recently on sale.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

2. Saying Thanks:

Neptune (July 12th, 2018)  

Addicted Member
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    Yeah, beyond banning them nothing else really ever happens but does there need to be a pages long discussion which often ends up being meme's and jokes need to happen every time someone gets scammed?

To prevent this, they have the rules in place. I also think it is harsh for it to result in a ban but they do have the warning already there.

Don't agree with the sales threads requiring comments though. Just look at how things are over here, you have the regular forum sheriffs who can't help but comment if they feel something is overpriced or was recently on sale.
    I dont know. Sometimes letting people comment might allow the anger and frustration pass and might just help in stopping the next bad deal.

Anyway, wrt comments in the sales thread. I assume we have far less bad deals here than on carb due to the fact we have forum sheriffs.

I know we have far less sales threads but still.

Oupa
    Deciding What 2 Buy next...
    Game IDs
    Experience

I dont know. Sometimes letting people comment might allow the anger and frustration pass and might just help in stopping the next bad deal.

Anyway, wrt comments in the sales thread. I assume we have far less bad deals here than on carb due to the fact we have forum sheriffs.

Also something as simple as a 50 post rule and a month of being here to use the market place means that scammer would rather go to carb for quick money than come here and actually be part of a forum.
    Hidden Content
    the quieter you are the more you hear

5. Saying Thanks:

brianstephan (July 12th, 2018),  xcaliber (July 12th, 2018)  

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

But they have an Off-topic section for people to vent or discuss their frustrations or scamming in general. That particular section is about getting the scammer identified and banned as quickly as possible with only the Buyer/Seller/Mods involved.

I think the 30-day, 50 post rules are more the deterrent to the scammers on this site but people stopping those 0 post people from buying or selling is not what I am talking about. I meant when people go into threads and post things like "It is only R200 more at Takealot". Over here that usually results in a whole discussion that inevitably has to be deleted by a Mod, over there it results in a warning/ban.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Came here for banning news.

Left disappointed because it's all about another forum.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

8. Saying Thanks:

Coldcat (July 13th, 2018),  Diego_1za (July 12th, 2018),  Gouko_Tenrou (July 12th, 2018),  Neptune (July 12th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Came here for banning news.

Left disappointed because it's all about another forum.
    You beat me 2 it lol

10. Saying Thanks:

Diego_1za (July 12th, 2018),  Gouko_Tenrou (July 12th, 2018),  SauRoN (July 12th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

WTF!!! happened to @Azure Wrath is he to cool for this forum now?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    WTF!!! happened to @Azure Wrath is he to cool for this forum now?
    All those Zinger Wing binges got to him
    ”I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.” - Donald Trump

13. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (August 3rd, 2018)  

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

@Squidbeard has self-requested a 1 year ban to get away for a while.

15. Saying Thanks:

Neptune (October 18th, 2018),  unstoppableErasor (October 17th, 2018)  

Addicted Member
    my pronoun is god emperor duke, learn it bigot
    Game IDs
    Experience

Rip get well soon Squid
    Survivor of the longest and harshest ban in forum history.

17. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (October 19th, 2018)  

Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13293031323334353637 ... LastLast