Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ramblings of a RUSE player

Experience

Default Ramblings of a RUSE player

Hi Guys - dang, got this yesterday and only got into bed at 1AM this morning.

I must say that this game has surpassed all my wildest expectations! It is really enjoyable and deep. You have to use your brain and knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of units to get a win.

Last night I popped in the disk and went straight into Multiplayer

Ended up in a 2v2 match with some level 30's. Me being Level 1

Anywho - got my butt handed to me by the enemy, I got completely wiped out and spectated the rest of the game. Fortunately my ally was kicking butt all over the place and we got a Total Victory. I felt bad for letting the dude down , but after that match I was on Level 7!!

Then played some Campaign. I don't know why all the reviews complain so much about it, I find it quite interesting. It is really quite cool. I learned a few new things that would have been handy to know in that first 2v2

Then played another 2v2. Me and a Level 7 (I was Level 8 now) took on 2 x Level 28's . Didn't do too badly, lost unfortunately, but got good kills and I find myself thinking of what strategies and RUSES I could have used to get a win out of the game. This game really makes you think strategically, in stead of just massing cannon-fodder and sending them to their deaths!

Then Nicgremlin and I tried getting a 1v1 on, but had networking issues. Was strange, he couldn't join my private match and I could not join his. But when I setup a public match, some random dude easily joined. Will have to try again.

Definitely a good purchase so far, will update as it goes along...
    If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. (Mere Christianity, 120). C.S. Lewis

2. Saying Thanks:

Aeloff (September 21st, 2010),  cowbrains (September 21st, 2010),  MarioAna (September 21st, 2010),  Reiger (September 21st, 2010),  Uberutang (September 21st, 2010),  wade-newb.bak (September 21st, 2010)  

Experience

Ah, just aswell I didnt send you that BFBC2 invite.

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Were you using the Move controller?

How is the interface?

Experience

@Slig, I still need my bfbc2 fix to survive, hehe! Please send invite when u playing again. But it's great to have a more cerebral workout as well now and again.
    I recently got MAG as well, which is excellent, though more difficult than bfbc2 imho. In a good way though :-)
    So many games, so little time *SIGH*

@MarioAnna - no Move for me yet unfortunately should probably get a headset first. You get used to the controls quickly and they are very intuitive. Will def like to try Move though.
    If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. (Mere Christianity, 120). C.S. Lewis

Game IDs
    Experience

Works better with the move movement is precise enough to move your units around but still want to get the navigation controller for panning in and out of the map ds3 is too awkward to hold in one hand.

7. Saying Thanks:

Aeloff (September 21st, 2010),  Grahnite (September 21st, 2010)  

Experience

Sounds cool, thanks Nukem. When are the Navigation Controllers becoming available, do you know?

I think I will wait and see what other Move bundles they will come up with - already too much keeping me busy at the moment...

Game IDs
    Experience

October 15th i think

10. Saying Thanks:

Grahnite (September 21st, 2010)  

Game IDs
    Experience

the move works well as a whole but true on the ds3 part! very awkward but ok if you get used to it, the controller responds very well and accurate it does not jump around the screen is not to fast it is very smooth really, the zooming and turning the screen needs you hold in the trigger and move like you would do on the ps3 menu,

works like a charm!
    Hidden Content

VC will come for U!!

12. Saying Thanks:

Grahnite (September 21st, 2010)  

Oupa
    I'm still around...
    Game IDs
    Experience

@ BaLRoG_ZA...

So how does RUSE compare with the other RTS games on consoles so far? eg Endwar, Red Alert 3, etc. (if you've played them)

Experience

Hi Reiger, no, I have only played PC RTSs before, none on consoles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast