Page 1886 of 1983 FirstFirst ... 886138617861836186618821883188418851886188718881889189019061936 ... LastLast
Results 18,851 to 18,860 of 19827

Thread: Today's Highs and Lows ?

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Low: 8 games of PUBG in a row and no chicken dinners.
    Get gud...
    The storm follows in my wake

2. Saying Thanks:

Uberutang (August 10th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Low - Getting woken up at 7:30 to the news that a whole buildings phones are offline.

High - Issue sorted and had nothing to do with the phone system and more to do with people changing VLAN's they don't know anything about.

Extra High - Work is done going home to catch up on sleep
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (August 13th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

High : After 13 years, three different versions later and many attempts I have finally finished Shadow of the Colossus.

Low : I honestly canít say it was worth it on any level.

Beyond the atrocious camera, the prestik like controls and then the deeply frustrating lucky packet collision detection the story is utterly pointless, hollow and nothing but a waste of time.

Itís a very far cry from the master pieces that were Ico and The Last Guardian.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

6. Saying Thanks:

Strifehart (August 15th, 2018),  Vast_aire (August 15th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

High -

low - this lady is married and she loves me

Gaming Wizard
    Framerate Enthusiast & Graphics Slut.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    High : After 13 years, three different versions later and many attempts I have finally finished Shadow of the Colossus.

Low : I honestly can’t say it was worth it on any level.

Beyond the atrocious camera, the prestik like controls and then the deeply frustrating lucky packet collision detection the story is utterly pointless, hollow and nothing but a waste of time.

It’s a very far cry from the master pieces that were Ico and The Last Guardian.
    I assumed you finished it on PS2 already.

I was going to have a long rant about it recently. Even after being beautifully remastered, the game is still a hollow experience that might as well have been a stage selection in a puzzle game to "fight" the Colossi. The "open world" serves no purpose. There's no depth to the game at all. There's no story, no player agency. No "hook" whatsoever.

I got further in the remaster that I've gotten in the PS2 or PS3 versions though, so all of 3 Colossi in before I was bored again.

It's not a good game.

Game IDs
    Experience

I haven't played it since the PS2, but at the time I loved Shadow of the Colossus, also digged how the ending revealed it to be a prequel to ICO (if memory serves). At the time, it and ICO were just so uniquely removed from everything else on the market. Perhaps a work best viewed in the context of the era, I have the remake downloaded so will find out for myself at some point.
    Last edited by KenMasters; August 15th, 2018 at 06:52 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

High: Getting all my niggling issues sorted out before my 40th in October. Made a cross country journey yesterday to see a surgeon to remove a traumatised salivary gland and an appointment on Monday for a LASIK assessment.

I've been walking around for more than 10 years now with a contact in only my right eye due to a minor astigmatism. Prescription hasn't changed in all that time, seems silly to continue with the contact when I could do away with it. Salivary gland was crushed one too many times during MMA practice, doesn't form saliva properly and creates stones causing blockages.

Low. Gran's busy passing away and I'm on the other side of the equator. I've been sending her messages only to find out her caretaker used up her cap and she hasn't been getting them. Brother sorted it out last night so she should get them today. Sending a goodbye voice message to her tonight.
    Last edited by KenMasters; August 15th, 2018 at 07:08 AM.

11. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (August 15th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    I assumed you finished it on PS2 already.

I was going to have a long rant about it recently. Even after being beautifully remastered, the game is still a hollow experience that might as well have been a stage selection in a puzzle game to "fight" the Colossi. The "open world" serves no purpose. There's no depth to the game at all. There's no story, no player agency. No "hook" whatsoever.

I got further in the remaster that I've gotten in the PS2 or PS3 versions though, so all of 3 Colossi in before I was bored again.

It's not a good game.
    Nope never managed it on the PS2 and only got marginally further on PS3.

Bought the ďbeautiful remasterĒ on special to attempt it again and have pushed at it for weeks now while actually play time is only a few hours.

Itís only beautiful while itís standing still. The pop-in is consistently atrocious and plenty of colour banding too so even that is overhyped.

But like you say there was nothing bringing me back to this other than just finally getting it done as if itís a bloody bucket list life achievement or something.

The only story is at the beginning and right at the end and even that is so thin itís nothing but padding. Even as a fan of the other games and the loose interpretation by which it may tie in somewhat itís simply not good enough.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    I haven't played it since the PS2, but at the time I loved Shadow of the Colossus, also digged how the ending revealed it to be a prequel to ICO (if memory serves). At the time, it and ICO were just so uniquely removed from everything else on the market. Perhaps a work best viewed in the context of the era, I have the remake downloaded so will find out for myself at some point.
    See this is just it.

I adore Ico and even now itís a game worth playing (and should have been the one to get remastered).

SoC was kak then for all the same reasons itís kak now.

It was just never a very good game and I think it purely rides the hype train by being associated with Ico.

Even the story tie in is very thin and hardly worth the trauma of playing the game for.
    Hidden Content

Not a lot
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    low - this lady is married and she loves me
    eh...?

Page 1886 of 1983 FirstFirst ... 886138617861836186618821883188418851886188718881889189019061936 ... LastLast