Page 2598 of 2599 FirstFirst ... 15982098249825482578259425952596259725982599 LastLast
Results 25,971 to 25,980 of 25985

Thread: Recently Purchased PICTURE thread.

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by BABERBEK View Post
    Also got one from them!
    Me three, just got delivered this morning.
    14a75e22-83a8-4d71-80d4-20375123b849.jpg

Digital copy since I still have vanilla disk.
    919G-Mf0mWL._SX342_.jpg

Because Dischem was out of the Rossi one.
    373126011_0_640x640.jpg

Just because of Metal Slug X and King of Fighters but will try the others as well.
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by nucleous; December 6th, 2018 at 02:38 PM.

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Anakin arrived
    The storm follows in my wake

3. Saying Thanks:

$eR8Ed (December 11th, 2018),  Cathal (December 6th, 2018),  GPunk (December 11th, 2018),  PossesedClownZA (December 6th, 2018),  Selecta (December 6th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    First time ever I've bought shoes online and I just bloody hope the sizing is correct because of course these being "weird" shoes they don't conform to normal sizing convention.

Did the whole measurement thing...then went to look in my cupboard at three different pairs of shoes I have and they are all different sizes although one I can obviously say was bought too small. The Merrell's that are tight but fit almost perfectly appear to be massive going by the numbers again, so nobody applies an exact science here.

Also the most money I've ever paid for shoes, so it better bloody work.
    These look like fancy rubber socks? I assume it's special shoes for canoeing or something?

Addicted Member
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Anakin arrived
    Doesn't look like he has the high ground

6. Saying Thanks:

Transformer09 (December 6th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    These look like fancy rubber socks? I assume it's special shoes for canoeing or something?
    Kind of in a way.

It's basically a sole without a static body so can fit near any foot size and more so it doesn't have a contour inside so it's like going barefoot.

Super light and you can wash them so basically you don't need to wear socks.

So yeah it's kind of like having socks on but being able to walk on gravel or rough surfaces etc.

I plan to just use them for every day, but most people do use them for more sporty inclinations yes.

Vibram is well known for making the soles of most shoes (you almost certainly have had a pair of shoes in your life that had Vibram soles if you don't have some in the cupboard now) and then started making their own "form follows function" shoes a few years ago with the Five Fingers that freak most people the **** out.

But people who have gotten FiveFingers have never gone back, especially those who use them for running.

Also the fact that they fold into nothing and therefore transport easily is a major bonus for me on the bike as shoes are always a massive waste of space and then I either end up in my bike boots or leave other stuff at home.

But it's ultimately an experiment for me to find some genuine comfort, a very expensive experiment at that but I'm hopeful.

Very impressed with what seemed like little fly by night shop and expected crazy service but got notification they shipped out just now having only ordered this morning.

My biggest concern is that the heel might not be high enough and slip off, but this is also why the fit is super important. Also why the Five Fingers looked like a potentially safer bet but then it's more a conventional shoe except for the toe weirdness.
    Last edited by SauRoN; December 6th, 2018 at 06:51 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

8. Saying Thanks:

Vast_aire (December 6th, 2018)  

You're all diamonds. We'll make diamonds from their ashes
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    What do you actually use these devices for? Is there real world use for it, especially in SA?
    I'm busy adding some automation to the house like with my desk adding some background lights. It also has a more than decent speaker. So you can just ask google play the latest song of a band (If you link it with spotify or google music). Also its like having an always-on wikipedia (Well except when load-shedding) asking it anything works perfect, unlike Seri on my Mac hehe. It can set reminder and add things to your calendar. So, I find it quite helpful in this way.
    |Xbox One X | Samsung 4K TV | Apple Macbook Pro|

10. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (December 7th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Crow777 View Post
    I'm busy adding some automation to the house like with my desk adding some background lights. It also has a more than decent speaker. So you can just ask google play the latest song of a band (If you link it with spotify or google music). Also its like having an always-on wikipedia (Well except when load-shedding) asking it anything works perfect, unlike Seri on my Mac hehe. It can set reminder and add things to your calendar. So, I find it quite helpful in this way.
    I think people just don’t get it until they use it every day.

I use my Apple Watch much like you use the Google jobbie and once you get into the habit of remembering it’s there.

Simple stuff like while I’m cooking and realise there isn’t any more coconut milk I say my wrist and say “Hey Siri, add coconut milk to the grocery list”.

Boom job done. Previously I would have forgotten because don’t want to use my phone with dirty hands etc.

Once my alarm/garage/gate is Smarted (hopefully this holiday) I’ll get home and stay on the bike and simply open my cuff and go “Hey Siri, open the house”. At least until I sort my headset out again.

At first the whole Smart has automation thing seems so silly but once it starts to grow you can’t do without.

Like when I get home after sunset the lights are already on when I open the door. Simple stuff but once you roll with it becomes completely the norm.
    Hidden Content

12. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (December 7th, 2018)  

Addicted Member
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

I think people just don’t get it until they use it every day.
    Yes, it's probably exactly this. I am a bit old school in some areas of technology.

Addicted Member
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Once my alarm/garage/gate is Smarted (hopefully this holiday) I’ll get home and stay on the bike and simply open my cuff and go “Hey Siri, open the house”. At least until I sort my headset out again.
    Can you change the "trigger" name to something else like...

"Hey Frank, open the gate"?

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Can you change the "trigger" name to something else like...

"Hey Frank, open the gate"?
    Not sure, but you can set your own Siri Shortcuts so probably.
    Hidden Content

Page 2598 of 2599 FirstFirst ... 15982098249825482578259425952596259725982599 LastLast