Thread: Introduction Thread

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by kavesh0205 View Post
    Hi all

Novice gamer here, my kids are the pros though. Good to find this space
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydo_the_tornaydo View Post
    Hey guys,

been a lurker for awhile but now part of the family. HUGE Horror and adventure game enthusiast
    Welcome to the forum

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty View Post
    Welcome to the forum
    Thank you!!

3. Saying Thanks:

Tatty (May 16th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Hey guys,

been a lurker for awhile but now part of the family. HUGE Horror and adventure game enthusiast
    Welcome dude

Experience

Hey guys,

what thread should i look at for issues with my PS4? i had a power trip at y house twice and now my PS4 is saying " Cannot start the PS4 " i have updated the system and still same issue... Please help

-_-
    Game IDs
    Experience

Hey guys,

what thread should i look at for issues with my PS4? i had a power trip at y house twice and now my PS4 is saying " Cannot start the PS4 " i have updated the system and still same issue... Please help
    That would Probably be somewhere in the PS4 forum, But your problem is a HDD fault Plug your controller in with the cable get a flash drive with latest firmware (Fat32 Formatted) and repair your system drive
    Gimme beer, gimme fibre, gimme games that I desire!
    Hidden Content

Experience

i updated the PS4 through internet in safe mode. is fat32 the format it needs to be in? is firmware same thing as software update?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by i.r.polly View Post
    That would Probably be somewhere in the PS4 forum, But your problem is a HDD fault Plug your controller in with the cable get a flash drive with latest firmware (Fat32 Formatted) and repair your system drive
    i updated the PS4 through internet in safe mode. is fat32 the format it needs to be in? is firmware same thing as software update?

-_-
    Game IDs
    Experience

Firmware will basically be your "software" Fat32 is the File format the thumb drive needs to be in so a PS4 can read it NTFS doesn't work.
    BUT since you updated via the interbebz that means your HDD is toast *Might work if you remove it plug into a PC and format / run FDISK to mark the bad sectors* You can pick up a reasonably priced 1TB-2TB drive Round the 1K mark
    Hidden Content

-_-
    Game IDs
    Experience

Hey guys,

Found this elsewhere:
    thanks guys i found it caused a hard drive error!!!!! What do i do now!!!! i was freaking out so i found how to put it into safe mode and used option 6 which was a reformat im guessing? anyway i got onto the latest update on plastation.com and saved it to a fresh usb that i formatted for FAT32 on my computer by right clicking and selecting format fat32 from the drop down then copy the newest update to the usb and inserted usb into the ps4 then selected option 6 in safe mode it done its thing and restarted yes i lost everything and had to wait 36 hours for everything to redownload (games and apps) but lucky everything save to the cloud and went to library and selected purchased games and apps waaaalllla i have my ps4 back thanks again guys hope this helps someone in the future and DONT turn your ps4 off or unplug before shutting down properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Hidden Content

11. Saying Thanks:

jaydo_the_tornaydo (May 22nd, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by i.r.polly View Post
    Firmware will basically be your "software" Fat32 is the File format the thumb drive needs to be in so a PS4 can read it NTFS doesn't work.
    BUT since you updated via the interbebz that means your HDD is toast *Might work if you remove it plug into a PC and format / run FDISK to mark the bad sectors* You can pick up a reasonably priced 1TB-2TB drive Round the 1K mark
    ok so i see my flash drive is already set on default for FAT32... on the HDD side, can i use any HDD for my ps4? and any recommendadtions? can i use SSD?

thanks for your help man.

Page 196 of 199 FirstFirst ... 96146176192193194195196197198199 LastLast