Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: - God of War: Ascension -

Game IDs
    Experience

Default - God of War: Ascension -

Teaser:

2. Saying Thanks:

Cl1nt (April 19th, 2012),  Elmo1980 (April 19th, 2012),  felixbf (April 19th, 2012),  gamemissy (April 19th, 2012),  HiMz_ZA (April 30th, 2012),  InfoGuy101 (April 19th, 2012),  JoE (April 19th, 2012),  Kaswa101 (April 19th, 2012),  RudiJo (April 19th, 2012),  SPR1NGBOKKE (April 21st, 2012),  Thor (April 19th, 2012),  Ultimate_Balla (April 19th, 2012),  zeemeister (April 24th, 2012)  

Experience

Default GOW Ascension Trailer

Not HS2 but it'll do

BOXART

Last edited by felixbf; April 19th, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
    StarKiller

4. Saying Thanks:

Cl1nt (April 19th, 2012),  gamemissy (April 19th, 2012),  HiMz_ZA (April 30th, 2012),  RudiJo (April 19th, 2012),  The Game (April 19th, 2012),  X-RE4P3R (April 19th, 2012),  xxx_alwyn_xxx (April 23rd, 2012)  

Experience

I think this is going to be epic!!!!!!

6. Saying Thanks:

xxx_alwyn_xxx (April 23rd, 2012)  

Addicted Member
    A Dark Soul!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yupee! All we need is some gameplay

Very Senior Member
    DARK KNIGHT RISES FTW
    Experience

Cant wait ........ I am a little cheesed though. They saying its gonna be a prequel so who could he possibly take on !!! Aries ? PPPFFFHHHTTTT ...

They cant go back they have to take off where 3 ended. He must take on Chaos now if not Chaos then his brother.

ehm.. I don't get it... unless they're doing some pretty heavy changes a prequel just makes no sense. I mean, sure they can do the story that's already been told through cutscenes in GoW1, but there's not really anything new and exciting happening there. And if they do anything before that the entire chain-blade mechanic is gone. Also, going back to not having icarus wings or the sword of olympus would also mean big changes to game-play. And how on earth are they gonna top the boss-battles from GoW3 if Kratos is even less powerful than he was at the start of GoW1 ?

The trailer does however look like some type of scenario where his in water and Athena is there ? Basically like some type of resurrection. So in a way it looks like they could pick up from where 3 ended.
    Last edited by The Game; April 19th, 2012 at 07:45 AM.

9. Saying Thanks:

bLaZe_lize (April 19th, 2012),  Demon7 (April 19th, 2012)  

Very Senior Member
    ZzzzZZzzzzZZZZzzz
    Experience

Doesn't matter, it's God of War - it will be awesome.

11. Saying Thanks:

BB-GP (April 20th, 2012),  Demon7 (April 19th, 2012),  gamemissy (April 19th, 2012),  JoE (April 19th, 2012),  Ryosuke786 (April 19th, 2012),  SPR1NGBOKKE (May 2nd, 2012)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    Cant wait ........ I am a little cheesed though. They saying its gonna be a prequel so who could he possibly take on !!! Aries ? PPPFFFHHHTTTT ...
    There are tons of gods/ titans he never fights.

Besides... 2 other prequels exist...

They cant go back they have to take off where 3 ended. He must take on Chaos now if not Chaos then his brother.
    I doubt in GoW that Chaos in an actual entity. I also doubt its a sequel.

I mean, sure they can do the story that's already been told through cutscenes in GoW1, but there's not really anything new and exciting happening there. And if they do anything before that the entire chain-blade mechanic is gone. Also, going back to not having icarus wings or the sword of olympus would also mean big changes to game-play. And how on earth are they gonna top the boss-battles from GoW3 if Kratos is even less powerful than he was at the start of GoW1 ?
    - Not all of the story is told through GoW1.
    - Kratos has had numerous weapons that were not the blades.
    - They could easily substitute those in with something else.
    - Pretty easily, considering Kratos is not even a God in GoW3 and he most likely will not be fighting Gods in this new one, it really is no problem.

The trailer does however look like some type of scenario where his in water and Athena is there ? Basically like some type of resurrection. So in a way it looks like they could pick up from where 3 ended.
    Why would Athena resurrect him when he pretty much screwed over her plans at the end?

Experience

I’m also not to happy with a prequel either. We have had 2 others already. But I'll take it. Anything to add more depth to my favourite game character. I wouldn’t mind not having the chains either. There were some pretty cool weapons in previous games. Although the chains were great it just made a bit too easy at some points.
    My Games: Fifa11 l Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit l AC:1 l AC:2 l AC: Brotherhood l Uncharted: Drakes Fortune l Uncharted: Amongst Thieves l God Of War 3 l Prototype l Infamous l Resident Evil 5 l Metal Gear Solid 4 l Red Dead Redemption l Batman: Arkham Asylum l Grand Theft Auto l Darksiders l DJ Hero l 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa

14. Saying Thanks:

bLaZe_lize (April 19th, 2012),  The Game (April 19th, 2012)  

Gaming Wizard
    I need to PoOh..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Well the word ascension means nothing other than "rising" so this might be kratos being resurrected from death...

Or him rising to the heavens facing the gods of Olympus.

Who knows,never the less the trailer looks interesting.

16. Saying Thanks:

The Game (April 19th, 2012)  

Very Senior Member
    DARK KNIGHT RISES FTW
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CruizD View Post
    why would Athena resurrect him when he pretty much screwed over her plans at the end?
    No i never said Athena resurrected him i said she was there with him in the water. Something else looks like. Was that Cerebrus there aswell ?

Damn im going to get this game no matter what. I so want to see him take on his brother!

You say other Gods? Like ....

Greek Gods?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Well the word ascension means nothing other than "rising" so this might be kratos being resurrected from death...

Or him rising to the heavens facing the gods of Olympus.

Who knows,never the less the trailer looks interesting.
    Well if its a prequel it could also be him as a normal man in the army rising up to who he eventually becomes.

In the GOW universe Choas is an entity they actually show choas in the game.

KHAOS (or Chaos) was the first of the Protogenoi (primeval gods) to emerge at the creation of the universe. She was followed in quick succession by Gaia (Earth), Tartaros (the Underworld) and Eros (Love the life-bringer).
    Last edited by The Game; April 19th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

18. Saying Thanks:

Thor (April 19th, 2012),  zeemeister (April 19th, 2012)  

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast