Poll: Is there 'scripting' in Fifa?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Fifa scripted?

Addicted Member
    Who put that there?
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Is Fifa scripted?

I know we've had these chats before but I'd like to put a poll on it and see what people think.

I have had a bunch of games over the last few days online (Ultimate Team and Euro 2012) and I just get the feeling that the game HAS to be scripted.

I was playing with Portugal and the final stats of the game looked something like this after extra time.

Me: Shots - 35
    On Target - 23

Opponent: Shots - 5
    On target - 2

Final score 0-1 to my opponent.

Ok sure you see games like this in real life and it's frustrating but if I had recorded the game you would not have believed it was possible how much bad luck one person can have. Just with Ronaldo I had 3 one on ones with the keeper and I hit the post every time. I hit the post about another 3 times in the match and to top it off, his keeper was making the most RIDICULOUS saves ever! 9.8 rating for him.

You get bad luck, and you get really bad luck. But this was just absurd. Surely there is some 'scripting'? there has to be. Especially when he gets one random chip ball that my defenders should clear easily, they make a huge mess of it he then shoot, hits my keeper but it rolls slowly in off the post and in with 2 mins remaining in extra time.

So.... what do you guys rate??

Oupa
    I'm back! :D and GTA V is awesome!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Ya I think so because I played in the FA Cup, in Career Mode with Man U and I played Arsenal in the quarters, Chelsea in the semis and Leeds in the final. I beat Arsenal 6-0 , beat Chelsea 4-0 and then I just (and I really mean "just") won the final against Leeds... It's like they went Super Saiyan on me They had about 40% possession and only 3 shots on target... One of those resulting in a goal. Meanwhile, I had about 20 shots on target, 60% possession and a pass success rate of 90%... And I won the game 2-1

The winning goal was scored at 88'

I've also had many games where I hit the post +10 times and the final score is like 1-0 to them
    Last edited by DMTP; May 3rd, 2012 at 12:04 PM.

3. Saying Thanks:

remydp (May 3rd, 2012)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I don't play FIFA much any more, but when I did, I certainly thought so at times.

I did suck though.

5. Saying Thanks:

remydp (May 3rd, 2012),  wayno (April 10th, 2013)  

Ninja
    Best Mafia Player 2012
    Sipho/Sipson I dont know anymore :'(
    Game IDs
    Experience

I've had it as well

Beat United 5-0 in the carling cup final than "just" beat carlisle 1-0 the next game

7. Saying Thanks:

remydp (May 3rd, 2012)  

Gaming Wizard
    Experience

Offline will feel more scripted than online, for sure. Think about this, assisted controls mean that the AI will have a major say in how accurate your passing and shooting is in a game. If you want to take away as much AI influence on your passing and shooting accuracy, play on manual... while that's some food for thought, it does not cover game momentum, which I believe is built into the game play engine and often gives you that feeling that you can a) do no wrong, or b) cannot get out of your half. This is/was a major discussion on the EA Forums not so long ago. The official response from EA is that game momentum does not exist....

9. Saying Thanks:

DMTP (May 4th, 2012),  JoE (May 3rd, 2012),  remydp (May 3rd, 2012),  Siphon (May 3rd, 2012)  

Addicted Member
    I am one with the Force. The Force is with me.
    Experience

Most definitely!

Oupa
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

So basically EA used a cheap trick to make the game harder, not true AI, that adapts and thinks.

Oupa
    www.maingaming.co.za
    Experience

I honestly don't think it's scripted!

I entered this tournament over the weekend, I went on to win 14-1 (no scripting there)

Last night i played my telkom match, I won 12-1.

I'm not showing off with the scoreline or anything, my point is, making sure that you take your chances when you get one, for eg, if you 1vs1 with ur opponents keeper dont shoot and say that it should have went in but rather make sure that it goes in! go around the keeper or pass it to ur other striker for a tap in...

just my opinion tho...

13. Saying Thanks:

Blueprint26 (May 3rd, 2012)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mikkaeel View Post
    I honestly don't think it's scripted!

I entered this tournament over the weekend, I went on to win 14-1 (no scripting there)

Last night i played my telkom match, I won 12-1.

I'm not showing off with the scoreline or anything, my point is, making sure that you take your chances when you get one, for eg, if you 1vs1 with ur opponents keeper dont shoot and say that it should have went in but rather make sure that it goes in! go around the keeper or pass it to ur other striker for a tap in...

just my opinion tho...
    Dude - that's an insane scoreline! I'd like to verse you

Gaming Wizard
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GaMeKoP_ZA View Post
    Dude - that's an insane scoreline! I'd like to verse you
    The 12-1 was over two legs, but ja, you don't want to verse him unless you're looking for big lessons... which is also not a bad idea, because a lot can be learnt when getting a hiding!

Mik, sometimes scripting can be overshadowed by a really poor player! How good was the oke that you humbled 14-1??

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast