Cricket

Spanked. That type of pitch is kryptonite for us and we didn't help ourselves either with our bowling. The batting we, like others, have no answers. It's a barrage with super accurate quicks who swing it and then they variation in their spinners too.

WHEN we play them in the final we have to win the toss and hope the pitch is a bit less suited to them that that thing. And then we need to play out of our skins. Or maybe NZ can knock them out for us in the semi.

Spanked. That type of pitch is kryptonite for us and we didn't help ourselves either with our bowling. The batting we, like others, have no answers. It's a barrage with super accurate quicks who swing it and then they variation in their spinners too.

WHEN we play them in the final we have to win the toss and hope the pitch is a bit less suited to them that that thing. And then we need to play out of our skins. Or maybe NZ can knock them out for us in the semi.
We can rule out the pitch being less suited to them. That will never happen in India against India. Winning the toss will definitely help, but if this Indian team fires, there's not an ODI team out there that can beat them. They have it all. The skill, the guile, the knowledge of the conditions and grit. Great team. Only weakness I can see is if two batsmen can get set and put the pressure back on them. Nobody's really put their bowling attack under pressure yet; yes, that's difficult to do as they have such a well balanced attack, but I reckon they can unravel if we get one or two big partnerships going.

A final is a final.. but we need to get there first. Then nerves can play their part so if we can put a respectable total we can hope and pray that its the one game they're off the boil.

What an innings from Maxwell. Aus come from dead to beat Afghanistan.
And that means it's Proteas vs Aus in the semi. With aus having super momentum.

Afghanistan threw that match away. Maxwell couldn't even move in his crease, yet they couldn't get him out.

Afghanistan threw that match away. Maxwell couldn't even move in his crease, yet they couldn't get him out.
They bowled terrible in that period. Bowled him in the slot instead of wide where he needs to move.
Also dropped him twice.

They bowled terrible in that period. Bowled him in the slot instead of wide where he needs to move.
Also dropped him twice.

Match fixing? Should we look out for Banjo and co again?

Dismal finishing from Bangladesh, but Maxwell deserves fair credit for an incredible innings.

So Afghanistan today. Not a meaningful game but given their bowling makeup i don't think this will be a walk in the park. Whatever happens we play Aus in the Semi and that's the exact scenario i was hoping to avoid. I'd rather play India.

Having said that, and thinking about our history of SF losses this game might end up being important. If we win and the SF is rained out or something we would go through ahead of Aus.

So Afghanistan today. Not a meaningful game but given their bowling makeup i don't think this will be a walk in the park. Whatever happens we play Aus in the Semi and that's the exact scenario i was hoping to avoid. I'd rather play India.

Having said that, and thinking about our history of SF losses this game might end up being important. If we win and the SF is rained out or something we would go through ahead of Aus.
only one person would think that far ahead as a potential scenario :)

I think winning by 5 wickets while chasing was great for our lads. It wasn't an easy pitch. Our record chasing for the year is now 50%.
It's not great but it's not total failure.
Obviously we still want to win the toss and bat first in the semi.

Rained out or a tie after the super over.

Obviously we still want to win the toss and bat first in the semi.
Definitely want to win that toss. Aus have their own problems chasing, even factoring in Maxwell’s miracle.

Rained out or a tie after the super over.
Job done, at least that advantage is ours now.

Yeah, but for a change, I do feel we are in the stronger position.

But too much is going to depend on winning the toss.

There is a high probability of rain for Thursday and Friday, if the match gets washed out we go through. But I don't want to go through like that or the DLS.

Back
Top Bottom