Rate your recently watched movies

Godzilla X King - The New Empire

Quite enjoyed this at cinema in ScreenX. Good action and decent story. 7/10 for me .

bb1d905aeb72a327528605efd3c80fbe.jpg

Greenland - 5/10

We needed something brain dead to watch last night. This fit the requirement. Understood going into it what to expect, Butler and Baccarin continue their slow fade into obscurity with a ho-hum effort. Not that they were bad but there's nothing to shout about either. The only good thing i can say is that for a 4 year old movie with a presumable lower budget, the CG is really good.

Damsel - 6/10

More she-hero stuff from Netflix, it's wild fantasy so i guess i should excuse the inexplicable and instant rise of young girl to powerful she warrior. Not to mention every single male in this thing is portrayed as a villain or idiot or both. Brown gives it her best and she's not the problem here.

We watched "Living" with Bill Nighy on Friday - a simple but effectively moving film, beautifully shot and paced just right. I haven't seen Kurowsawas' Ikiru, of which this is an adaptation, but look forward to giving it a watch for comparison.

View attachment 1576

Dream Scenario (2023)

Poor story but quite a laugh. 6/10
Watched a few weeks ago...

Dream Scenario - 7/10

Good movie overall. I got the impression that the movie is about cancel culture, and how people are blamed and vilified for something they didn't do, yet are punished and ostracised for it because people feel they want to blame somebody else for how they feel.

Not sure why poster says comedy, I find it more drama and a bit unsettling.

Beavis and Butthead do the Universe

I LOLed, 7/10 for me.

8abc69f3b6472d57b9e0d77eafa2c061.jpg

Argyle 4/10

Oh boy. Maybe the concept could have worked if they kept all the silly stuff in the book universe but then it just got stupid. As a wise man once said; never go full retard.

Monkey Man 7/10

Part John Wick part Rocky part Bollywood. Some nice camera work and choreography give real weight to the fights. Seen this tale a hundred times but if you just want a skop skiet en donner give this a go.

1715339321640.png
Abigail (2024) - A not so scary but not so bad either vampire thriller/horror movie featuring Giancarlo Esposito, Kevin Durand, Angus Cloud and others that might be known by some.

Solid 6,5 - 7 out of 10

"All Of Us Strangers" - a moving and insightful look at the queer experience through a great narrative conceit.

Back
Top Bottom