Recently Purchased

Post a pic of the back please.
It has rubber grips
e326940ce46b09a014bec7355617fa9d.jpg

Doing a 5-day long bike trip in September and my visor is so shot that the combination of load shedding and the slightest bit of rain leaves me blind so it was time.

Attachments

• f32884bd-6f56-4290-9d61-b7f68a7ea35a.jpeg
    f32884bd-6f56-4290-9d61-b7f68a7ea35a.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 15
Lca bushings for the car.
DSC_0396 (1).jpg

We actually need to create a vehicles thread, maybe 1 for peoples own cars and bikes, would be interesting to see what people drive, and another for cool car stuff in general.

Lca bushings for the car.
View attachment 254

We actually need to create a vehicles thread, maybe 1 for peoples own cars and bikes, would be interesting to see what people drive, and another for cool car stuff in general.
@robotza

Please can we have a "Motoring" thread under General.

Thanks

Last edited:
More than I wanted to spend for sure but the market here is really tough for second hand cars.
Needed to get something for my daughter:

7075d95e-acd1-4c38-8587-442c96b6c7b8.jpeg

2019 Kia Rio S. Decent little car with good fuel consumption, safety and infotainment.

Engine is a bit weak and the 4-speed auto is not great but for her needs those are irrelevant.

Interior is not too bad, some nice things but also some cheap things.

Hopefully she can keep it in good condition for many years. She doesn’t know about it yet. Will surprise her on Wednesday, her birthday is the next day so that worked out.

More than I wanted to spend for sure but the market here is really tough for second hand cars.
Needed to get something for my daughter:

View attachment 363

2019 Kia Rio S. Decent little car with good fuel consumption, safety and infotainment.

Engine is a bit weak and the 4-speed auto is not great but for her needs those are irrelevant.

Interior is not too bad, some nice things but also some cheap things.

Hopefully she can keep it in good condition for many years. She doesn’t know about it yet. Will surprise her on Wednesday, her birthday is the next day so that worked out.

As much as their auto in these models isn’t great…I regret going back to a manual every damn time I drive it.

What engine do you get over there that makes you say it’s weak? I’m guessing it’s not the 1.4T.

What engine do you get over there that makes you say it’s weak? I’m guessing it’s not the 1.4T.

It’s the NA 1.4 which is fine for her but it’s a bit gutless. Luckily here at sea level it’s probably way better than what it would feel in JHB.

It’s old tech though. Manuel wasn’t an option as she can only drive auto and nobody here drives manuals.

It’s the NA 1.4 which is fine for her but it’s a bit gutless. Luckily here at sea level it’s probably way better than what it would feel in JHB.

It’s old tech though. Manuel wasn’t an option as she can only drive auto and nobody here drives manuals.

Yeah I can imagine that would be a bit pap but like you say probably fine for her.

In the UK, there is an "indirect" ban coming on sales of manual transmission cars in 2030, as this is when the sales of petrol and diesel cars will be banned. All electric and hybrid cars are automatic.

Lenovo X1 Extreme gen 3:

1693647285530.jpeg

And a Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 gen 2 dock:

1693647398404.jpeg

The latest versions are insanely priced so very happy with two year old versions. New laptop is R70k and the dock R7k. Got these for R17k and R2k.

Back
Top Bottom