Recently Purchased

Off topic, sort of anyway.

I didn't realise until the other day that laser discs are in analog.
Yea, it's a funny format - digital audio was available on LaserDisc though (EDIT: Once introduced).

Last edited:
IIYAMA ProLite 32 inch 4k IPS monitor for home office, not for gaming, but to replace my 27 inch 1440p monitor.

What I like about IIYAMA is that the monitors is that they are decent quality for decent price. They are height adjustable, and can be rotated to portrait if need be. I won't be using this in portrait, but I have a left and right 22 inch (16:10) IIYAMA monitors that are both portrait and they are great.

1700747017533.png

Last edited:
OIP.v73Ai0tLd-B7ZG-MirBkEAHaEK

34% Off on STEAM. :)

I was looking for a copy of Monstress Vol 8, but it's sold out everywhere, when I came across this on Black Friday special. I've read a few issues here and there, but never the entire saga - psyched!

closed.jpg open.jpg

I spent an obscene amount of money on Orlando park tickets to DisneyWorld and Universal... got some Black Friday discounts, but still spent way more than we were planning to... and the Rand is so poor :cry:

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 21.07.01.png

I spent an obscene amount of money on Orlando park tickets to DisneyWorld and Universal... got some Black Friday discounts, but still spent way more than we were planning to... and the Rand is so poor :cry:

View attachment 954
What's the price for Disney parks now?

When I was there 2008, I remember something like $250 for access to two parks, possibly for a double ticket.

I'm scared to say, it was hectic... like a small used car!

It is date dependant, and what type of ticket you buy, but basically about $150 per person per day.

Village translates really well to VR - should definitely give Gran Turismo 7 a try also.

Yeah I’ll grab that when it goes properly cheap.

I’m not a fan of the game any more, but for the VR experience I’m keen.

Don’t really like Resident Evil conventionally either, but it was like R300 and I plan to have a New Year’s party with some friends and just take turns passing it around.

I’m not a fan of the game any more, but for the VR experience I’m keen.

You might think that, but it's a real return to form, I'm still playing it.

Don’t really like Resident Evil conventionally either, but it was like R300 and I plan to have a New Year’s party with some friends and just take turns passing it around.

Hmm, not sure it really lends itself to something like that - "Pistol Whip" on the other hand...

You might think that, but it's a real return to form, I'm still playing it.

Hmm, not sure it really lends itself to something like that - "Pistol Whip" on the other hand...

Thanks will have a look.

It’s surprisingly hard to find VR recommendations.

But yeah we plan to have half hour sessions and rotate as most are VR virgins so the experience will just be a fun watch of tension.

Thanks will have a look.

It’s surprisingly hard to find VR recommendations.

There's not much to choose from on the PSVR 2 as it stands. It would have been great if they were able to make the PSVR 1 titles that work with a controller PSVR 2 compatible - Wipeout would have been a great one!

As it stands, GT7 is the real killer app for me, it might be a bit soft in VR but it's a great experience. Using the stick to see behind me, realising it doesn't work and subsequently discovering my rear and side mirrors was quite something. Pistol Whip is just a blast, loads of fun - though extended sessions are a proper workout!

Looking forward to how RE4 Remake translates - it's by some margin my favourite RE game in recent memory.

There's not much to choose from on the PSVR 2 as it stands. It would have been great if they were able to make the PSVR 1 titles that work with a controller PSVR 2 compatible - Wipeout would have been a great one!

As it stands, GT7 is the real killer app for me, it might be a bit soft in VR but it's a great experience. Using the stick to see behind me, realising it doesn't work and subsequently discovering my rear and side mirrors was quite something. Pistol Whip is just a blast, loads of fun - though extended sessions are a proper workout!

Looking forward to how RE4 Remake translates - it's by some margin my favourite RE game in recent memory.

I actually find there are a lot more “real games” to choose from now which is probably why it seems overwhelming.

Also having just spent a fortune I don’t want to spend a fortune and full price on games now but have bought a few over the last few months.

Will likely pick up Synth Riders soon unless Beat Saber goes on special before Christmas.

But have added Pistol Whip to my wish list as well.

I’m very annoyed Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes hasn’t been patched as that was one of our favourite party games before.

Also Astro not being updated is bullshit. My son would go nuts for that.

I’m very annoyed Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes hasn’t been patched as that was one of our favourite party games before.

Something to bear in mind, if you want to pass the headset around, you not only have to adjust the ocular width, but sometimes it's also necessary to recalibrate the eye-tracking.

IAlso Astro not being updated is bullshit. My son would go nuts for that.

It is very annoying that some of these titles haven't made their way over. Still holding hope we'll see some movement on this in the future.

Something to bear in mind, if you want to pass the headset around, you not only have to adjust the ocular width, but sometimes it's also necessary to recalibrate the eye-tracking.

It is very annoying that some of these titles haven't made their way over. Still holding hope we'll see some movement on this in the future.

Yeah had the same issue with the PSVR 1, hence doing like half hour sessions.

Most people new to VR can only just barely handle half and hour anyway.

The defaults are alright for quick 5 minute pass and play type stuff.

I see a lot of comments about lens protectors and the like, have you bought anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom