Replacing an AV Receiver

biometrics

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
My Yamaha RX-V577 AVR has packed up. Going to try one more repair shop on Tuesday and if they decline to take it on I need to replace. Can’t seem to find anything under R8,000. My options atm are (the Denon is the most current):

R8000

R10,000

Any other affordable recommendations?

Is there a marketplace you can recommend?

My concern is used equipment may also have been load shed so who knows how long it will last.

I'm only aware of the one on avforums.co.za - but people there generally seem quite enthusiastic about their second hand purchases. I'm sure there are other SA based online marketplaces.

What speakers are you powering with your AVR?

I'm only aware of the one on avforums.co.za - but people there generally seem quite enthusiastic about their second hand purchases. I'm sure there are other SA based online marketplaces.

Nothing fancy, Yamaha NS-P40. Mostly used for TV and gaming.

I’ve registered there but awaiting admin approval. Will have a look what’s for sale and repost my question there. Currently can’t do either until approved.

@KenMasters what do you think of the Denon, that feature set should last me years to come? Only R2,000 more than the other two.

Back
Top Bottom