Boxing

Such a weird fight, but I’ve been watching some of Tysons training videos and he might be 57 but damn, I’d be a bit worried if I was Paul.

I have a feeling that Tyson will tire pretty quickly. So he will probably have to come out all guns blazing to get a KO early on, else I think Paul may actually dominate the fight. 27 vs 57 age gap is significant.

Agree about Tyson coming out quickly, can’t see a 57 year old having stamina. Also means he’ll be aggressive and open, giving Paul some openings early on. The longer it goes the lower Tyson’s chances get.

But he’s still Mike Tyson and he can still do damage. I’m hoping to see the famous body to uppercut combo.

I have zero interest in boxing and since it's Logan Paul my interest has plummeted to -1,000,000%.

Yeah don’t care for Jake Paul at all but I do want to see Tyson mixing it up. Boxing needs the spectacle to be honest.

Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul rules finally announced for boxing mega-fight​

Mike Tyson and Jake Paul's controversial fight will be sanctioned as a professional bout.

Boxing legend Tyson is making a return to the ring on July 20 as he will face social media sensation Paul just weeks after his 58th birthday. It was unclear if the fight would be sanctioned professionally or as an exhibition, but the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations have now confirmed it will go on both men’s records.

"Mike Tyson and Jake Paul signed on to fight each other with the desire to do so in a sanctioned professional fight that would have a definitive outcome," Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions business partner Nakisa Bidarian told ESPN. "Over the past six weeks, MVP has worked with its partners to satisfy the requirements of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) to sanction Paul vs. Tyson, and we are grateful that we have gotten to this point."

The fight will contested over eight, two-minute rounds with both Paul and Tyson wearing 14-ounce gloves in the ring and no headgear. Paul has faced heavy criticism for fighting Tyson well past his prime and reacted to the news by tweeting: "What y'all going to say now? Mike Tyson wanted it to be a pro fight. Netflix wanted it to be a pro fight. So I agreed to make it a pro fight. Winner takes all."

Tyson hasn't won a professional bout in over two decades and called it quits after retiring on his stool against journeyman Kevin McBridge in 2005. The 57-year-old returned to the ring in November 2020 when he went eight rounds in an unscored exhibition bout against fellow legend Roy Jones Jr.

The news contradicts comments that Tyson made in an interview earlier this month as he claimed the fight would be sanctioned as an exhibition with unique rules. "I wasn't joking when I said this would be a real fight. See you in July, Jake Paul," Tyson tweeted. There will be a 31-year age difference between Paul and Tyson on fight night, the largest gap between two fighters in professional boxing history.

Paul will look to secure his 10th professional win against the former undisputed heavyweight champion Tyson, who retired with a record of 50-6 (2NC). It's understood the TDLR will make Tyson undergo brain and heart scans because of his age and he must pass them to be eligible to fight.

I have zero interest in boxing and since it's Logan Paul my interest has plummeted to -1,000,000%.
Its Jake Paul :p

Jake picks his fights and Tyson at this age is just a name to sell the fight imo.

Back
Top Bottom