Emigration (Leaving SA)

What country did you emigrate to?

• Total voters
Must say, those countries aren't even close to the top of my list if preferred destinations.

Any reason why?
Looks beyond epic, time for a new adventure and China looks incredible, my russian girlfriend lives in China as well and it was time to move on over, then Siberia in august to try to get a glimpse (photograph) the extremely rare Siberian snow leopard is just such an incredible opportunity. But to be honest,the UK is probably bottom of the barrel for me when it comes to destinations to go to, I think London these days is part of northern Africa and the middle east haha.

City im moving to:

I think London these days is part of northern Africa and the middle east haha.
You're not wrong LOL

I do enjoy popping in every now and again for work, and going to local pubs afterwards. Found some stellar places off the main roads a few times 😀

I think London these days is part of northern Africa and the middle east haha.

City im moving to:

Hope the locals in your new city are more welcoming of foreigners than you seemingly are about London ✌️

Hope the locals in your new city are more welcoming of foreigners than you seemingly are about London ✌️
As long as it aint Londonistan its all good lol. Looks like Canada is essentially Bangladesh these days, but hey as long as youre enjoying it. Heres to hopefully Pierre Poilievre taking over from that disaster known as Trudeau :puke:

My son is asking for a new gaming PC but I don't have enough funds. I am getting a children's grant and don't have a job. I just want to know if I can buy a PC in installments.
Sounds like a bad idea. Can you get credit without an income anyway? Doubt a grant counts as income.

Why is this in the emigration thread?

All prices mentioned are mainly in RMB which at the time of writing is around 1RMB = R2.63

China has been a blast so far, completely different to the Western world in many ways, that said I'm extremely lucky that my Russian GF can speak fluent Mandarin. It's made the move incredibly easy but I do feel like a complete dumb ass not being able to communicate properly.
Things here are beyond cheap, and when I mean cheap I mean thousands less than in SA and EU, and also the US, to give an example I bought a top-of-the-range ebike from a company called NIU for 7600RMB (Model: Niu Nxt Link for those interested: https://www.niu.com/cn ).

Levi's jeans cost me 140RMB for two pairs, I bought a Dyson hair dryer for the GF which cost me 3200RMB, and in the EU this costs around 550 Euros and in SA its around 18k on takealot, Looking at getting myself an Asus Rog Ally for gaming and that's around 3200RMB. A meal for 2 people with bottomless beer and as much meat and veggies as you want is around 90RMB each. Keep in mind Shanghai and Beijing will be quite a bit more expensive but once you are out of those areas prices drop massively.

Got my self a beautiful apartment with 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms and with modern furniture for 2800RMB a month, water is 200RMB for 6 months, Gas is around 10RMB a month. Fibre 1000MB uncapped is costing me 700RMB for a year, I then bought this wifi router for 400RMB (link for router).

Tax-wise I pay 200RMB on every R60K a month. I got private medical insurance for around 1000RMB a month which entitles to me all the bells and whistles and good private health care, public health care here is good but I would prefer to have private and they speak English more. Need to start learning Mandarin but have been focusing on Russian more because of the GF and I have always wanted to learn it, but alas it will have to be put to the side for now. If any of you have questions feel free to give me a shout and ill try to answer as best as I can, overall very happy about the move just miss my cat in South Africa terribly but she's doing amazingly with my folks and has two little cat friends that she plays with all day, I was going to bring her here but the more videos I see of her the more I think it might be cruel to put her into an apartment with me and she doesn't have any friends to play with when I go to work. Will probably end up adopting a little cat to give a home to but at the moment it's a no-go as I'm going to Siberia soon for 2 weeks.

Sounds good and very interesting. Some things really cheap like the RoG Ally but we have the Dyson hair dryer for way cheaper here.

What’s the lifestyle like in terms of getting around and the local population’s attitude towards foreigners?

Been watching a lot of videos about visitors in Japan and the do’s and don’ts.

Sounds good and very interesting. Some things really cheap like the RoG Ally but we have the Dyson hair dryer for way cheaper here.

What’s the lifestyle like in terms of getting around and the local population’s attitude towards foreigners?

Been watching a lot of videos about visitors in Japan and the do’s and don’ts.
So thats an interesting one, people will randomly come up to my self and the GF and ask for photos, they will even get there kids to pose next to us, this is because of our slavic/nordic look, both white and blue eyes which they see as the ideal look and to be "sexy".

Black people I think have it rather difficult here, its not easy for them at all, locals are openly against them.

That said I was rejected for my first apartment I chose because I'm a foreigner which made me laugh as its the first time that has happened to me lol. But got the next apartment with ease so its just a case as to who you're dealing with. Once you leave shanghai and beijing you are stared at constantly as if you are a martian. But you do eventually get used to it, my GF will often translate what they are saying about us because they think she cant speak mandarin and most the time(90 percent of the time ) its good things.

Your GF should do what Oriental Pearl is doing on YouTube, she’s American and can speak mandarin, Japanese and Korean. Her videos get mega hits.

Last edited:
Thats actuall
Your GF should do what Oriental Pear is doing on YouTube, she’s American and can speak mandarin, Japanese and Korean. Her videos get mega hits.

That’s actually an epic idea. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom