From XBOX tp PC

noman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I was very happy on Xbox, but got the opportunity to put a decent gaming rig together at a (tax deductible) price point that was very enticing.
4 months later, and I am more than satisfied with my experience. Steam and Gamepass for PC has me covered. Gamepass for PC was and continues to be quite the pleasant surprise. There is a larger variety than I expected, including the addition of EA titles. And stuff looks and runs beautifully.

BUT

The xbox 'social' system is just easier, fuller and simpler, so I miss that. Very annoyed that a favourite title does not allow cross progression, so I haven't played Division 2 since I moved over :(
Got last years COD wth my PC, but damn, it is not the same experience on MP. Same for BF. So I am actively avoiding PVP shooters on PC. Suppose the fact that I prefer controller over KB&M doesn't help.

But the eye candy, price point of titles not on Gamepass, availability of the odd Sony title I wanted to play, the access to PC only titles has me content.

Next year I may upskill myself and get more out of the setup.

How much is a decent rig these days? I see them for about R23000 + SA government corruption tax at 20%

Really depends on your targeted resolution. By my estimation:
1080p with bells and whistels - 18 - 20k
1440p at max - 27 - 33k
4k ultra - 40k +

XBSX value proposition is otherworldly in comparison

Yeah, I'll stick to my xbox, thanks šŸ˜‚

But yeah, watching side by side videos of Forza Motorsport on PC v Xbox SX, no comparison. PC looks incredible.

Dont forget the free games on Epic Game store some good games now and then

and EA Play (used to be Origin) also a good option for some EA games that are on Steam anyway and there is Ubisoft and Blizzard.

Next year I may upskill myself and get more out of the setup.
You could also get a SteamDeck or other PC handheld and have yourself covered for holidays etc as well.

The PC advantage has always been cheaper games and free online MP which I had hoped MS would adopt this gen but they seemed to have avoided that for now. I actually considered selling my series x to get a steam deck but the size and the fact that the kids prefer the xbox over PS5 means that its going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom