Nostalgia (Back in my day)

Mmmmm...
7962b4c4a7fc7f12214687c8fe405922.jpg

My mother-in-law is moving house, so we went over there to clear out stuff of ours she still had in storage. Came across a few small treasures, including a Zip drive with a couple of disks (look forward to finding out what’s on them):

IMG_1744.jpeg

And a big box full of colour reversals with posters, backdrops, logos and characters from a wide range of WB properties:

IMG_1742.jpeg IMG_1743.jpegIMG_1741.jpeg

Last edited:
My mother-in-law is moving house, so we went over there to clear out stuff of ours she still had in storage. Came across a few small treasures, including a Zip drive with a couple of disks (look forward to finding out what’s on them):

View attachment 1161

And a big box full of colour reversals with posters, backdrops, logos and characters from a wide range of WB properties:

View attachment 1162 View attachment 1163View attachment 1164

What connection does that Zip drive use? I seem to recall mine was FireWire or SCSI so not sure if a USB one ever existed.

What connection does that Zip drive use? I seem to recall mine was FireWire or SCSI so not sure if a USB one ever existed.
It has both USB and SCSI

lol @ Monkey Gland. I could never understand how that was suitable for a menu.
I dug monkey gland sauce back in the day!

Last edited:
lol @ Monkey Gland. I could never understand how that was suitable for a menu.

Because it has nothing to do with monkey glands? It’s basically just a better and thicker version of the sweet and sour taste profile with some South African twists.

I have a pretty good recipe somewhere, let me find it quick.

From 7:25 onwards.

Because it has nothing to do with monkey glands?
Still a terrible way to market a sauce.

Would be like saying “Steak will snot balls” even though there’s no actual snot balls in it.

I liked the taste of it but the name, eish.

Would be like saying “Steak will snot balls” even though there’s no actual snot balls in it.

There’s plenty of lore around the origins and I guess the name just stuck.

As a kid the name brought to mind Temple of Doom - part of what made me like it I think.

Yip, up in my primary school as well. Also had an officer come around and give is a talk on explosives.

Back
Top Bottom