Nostalgia (Back in my day)

e1a0ebeb95fa7e5b19ddf683702bf504.jpg

Any guesses?

Montezuma's Revenge

EDIT: A friend's dad worked at IBM (or was it Microsoft?). I used to love going there to check out the new games and gadgets that were always passing through their house - this of course being one of them. I watched more than I was allowed to play, I was too hard on the keys apparently (and I never did get to try the flight stick).

Last edited:
Montezuma's Revenge

EDIT: A friend's dad worked at IBM (or was it Microsoft?). I used to love going there to check out the new games and gadgets that were always passing through their house - this of course being one of them. I watched more than I was allowed to play, I was too hard on the keys apparently (and I never did get to try the flight stick).
Yip, that's it 🙂

I fondly recall playing this on my dad's XT with EGA screen. I would play for hours (or so I believe I did).

Yip, that's it 🙂

I fondly recall playing this on my dad's XT with EGA screen. I would play for hours (or so I believe I did).

We never had a computer (my parents first bought one in my third year of college), so PC for me was something I only got to experience at other people's houses. It always used to fascinate me, was super happy when I first saw an ad for Golden China and knew there was finally a viable route for me to game at home.

Last edited:
We never had a computer (my parents first bought one in my third year of college), so PC for me was something I only got to experience at other people's houses. It always used to fascinate me, was super happy when I first saw an add for Golden China and knew there was finally a viable route for me to game at home.
I was lucky, my dad rocked up one day with a new PC. I actually have the receipt somewhere, must try find it. The price was R4699 or so, and it was sometime in 1989.

I had that game on my PC, must have been 1986 / 1987.

I matriculated in 1987 and that PC went with me to Varsity, we played World Tour Golf to death. Also Tiger Heli.

I did not have a colour monitor but the green one.

Ah man those are great memories.

I often think of going through a whole bunch on dos games from my youth but I’m really worried it will just destroy my memories.

Recently found:

https://www.retro-exo.com/exodos_M.html

Have been tempted but I don’t have the time now. Saving it for retirement. Want to go through every Sierra adventure game when my hand can no longer manage shooters and platformers.

Back
Top Bottom