PlayStation 5 Pro

lol 8K, people need to stop being dumb. 8K is pointless and won’t even be a thing next gen.

I’m doubtful that the Pro will even deliver 4K@60 for most titles, developers will still favour other things over outright resolution and fps.

lol 8K, people need to stop being dumb. 8K is pointless and won’t even be a thing next gen.

I’m doubtful that the Pro will even deliver 4K@60 for most titles, developers will still favour other things over outright resolution and fps.
1713266935174.png

While a 10% increase in CPU clock speed and 1.2GB extra system memory doesn’t seem like a particularly ground-breaking overhaul

Now that hugely ambitious games like Lords of the Fallen and Dragon’s Dogma 2 are struggling to maintain solid frame rates on the base console, this could be the ticket for those searching for the smoothest possible experiences.

One of the main reasons for struggling to maintain framerates is a CPU limitation due to ambition and poor optimization. A 10% CPU bump isn't going to cut it. Even my 13700K+4090 is CPU limited at 4K in Dragons Dogma 2 in the city, can't keep a solid 60 in the city there even with DLSS.

I'm a bit worried about fan noise and coil whine due to the increased power consumption, hopefully they don't end up with a PS4 Pro situation. I still have PTSD from that jet.

I'm a bit worried about fan noise and coil whine due to the increased power consumption, hopefully they don't end up with a PS4 Pro situation. I still have PTSD from that jet.
You thinking of getting a Pro?

You thinking of getting a Pro?

Considering it but still have a few concerns (price in SA, noise, 3rd party developer support in an era where rushed release dates are so common).

From the Xbox leak it sounds like they expect the PS6 after 2027, so 2028. That's a long 4 years with developers that are already very close to 1080p before upscaling.

But I get the feeling that this is just a taste of what's coming. PSSR and some RDNA4 raytracing benefits are nice but I can just imagine when this tech matures for the PS6.
I'm sure Microsoft is cooking up some nice stuff for 2026/27 as well with them trying to imitate the 360s headstart over the PS3

Might be louder than the current PS5 but no way will it be anywhere near PS4 levels of noise.

I’ll get one day one. They have really good trade in systems here so I don’t expect it to be too expensive to upgrade.

Might be louder than the current PS5 but no way will it be anywhere near PS4 levels of noise.

I’ll get one day one. They have really good trade in systems here so I don’t expect it to be too expensive to upgrade.

Day one for me as well - I'm a sucker for a new console.

I did the trade-in thing when I went from the PS4 to the Pro as well, but those sorts of stores went the way of the dodo some time ago in these parts.

Day one for me as well - I'm a sucker for a new console.

I did the trade-in thing when I went from the PS4 to the Pro as well, but those sorts of stores went the way of the dodo some time ago in these parts.
We have EB Games here but they are struggling.

We have JB Hi-Fi which is a huge chain store, they sell all kinds of tech stuff so they are going strong. On the gaming side they still do trade in deals so I have a couple of options.

When I saw the leaks about the audio improvements I was like "There's no way KenMasters isn't getting this" lol

I honestly have no idea how that's going to be of benefit - maybe a side-effect of the wider GPU so make it a bullet point?

Back
Top Bottom