Alien Isolation 2

Alien Isolation 2

AdrianH

Administrator
I am over the moon about this 😁😁😁

****

On the 10-year anniversary of Alien: Isolation’s release, developer Creative Assembly has confirmed that a sequel is in development.

In a statement marking the survival horror classic’s 10th birthday, creative director Al Hope said the development team would share more details “when we’re ready.”

Hope returns to lead development on the sequel having done so on the first game. In his statement published to X/Twitter, Hope said: "On the 10th anniversary, it seems only fitting to let you know that we have heard your distress calls loud and clear.

"Today, I'm delighted to confirm, on behalf of the team, that a sequel to Alien: Isolation is in early development. We look forward to sharing more details with you when we're ready."

 
With this news, it would be nice if they went back and did something about the aliasing on the original. I wonder if the Pro might be able to step in and improve the situation. Fantastic game otherwise.
 
Man! Do you know the amount of stress I went through playing that game? I'm still traumatized!

Supposedly Nightmare is nuts!

I only ever played on the difficulty under nightmare, and I crapped myself many a time.

On the DLC, you have to close 3 hatches or something, that is cramped and the alien is always after you. That was intense.
 
With this news, it would be nice if they went back and did something about the aliasing on the original. I wonder if the Pro might be able to step in and improve the situation. Fantastic game otherwise.

It's a shame they didn't release an enhancement patch for current-gen. Guess it was too many years down the line to just spend time and money enhancing the game in 2020 that was released 2014.

That said, I would buy a remaster just to kak myself in RT :p
 
Supposedly Nightmare is nuts!

I only ever played on the difficulty under nightmare, and I crapped myself many a time.

On the DLC, you have to close 3 hatches or something, that is cramped and the alien is always after you. That was intense.

I've never owned a PS4 camera but I've heard that if you have one connected, the game will pick up any sound from the microphone and the alien will react to that. Not sure how true this is though.
 
I've never owned a PS4 camera but I've heard that if you have one connected, the game will pick up any sound from the microphone and the alien will react to that. Not sure how true this is though.
It's true, but you don't need the camera, it works with any mic.
 
Last edited:
Using the Kinect camera on the XB1, you code also lean in and out by moving left and right. Probably the same for the PS4 camera. A bit gimmicky I suppose.
 
Never really understood why people complained the game was too long. If it's a complaint about retracing your steps to switch on this or that making the gam take long I get it but that was the idea to cross your path with the Alien.

There's no such thing IMO as a game that is too long. Games can get boring yeah but this one didn't really get that boring. Something always changed causing different strategies to deal with the enemy.
 
Never really understood why people complained the game was too long. If it's a complaint about retracing your steps to switch on this or that making the gam take long I get it but that was the idea to cross your path with the Alien.

There's no such thing IMO as a game that is too long. Games can get boring yeah but this one didn't really get that boring. Something always changed causing different strategies to deal with the enemy.

I don't believe there was a lot of hate. Mostly all started with that IGN reviewer Ryan McCaffrey who didn't understand the game mechanics gave it a 5.9/10 and has been made fun of ever since. The guy is cringe though, check out his tweet.

1728475725383.jpg


But here is an excerpt of his 5.9 review

It’s a shame that Isolation doesn’t track stats, because I’d be curious to know how many of its roughly 15-20 hours I spent hiding in lockers, staring at the motion tracker, and, most of all, how many hundreds (yes, hundreds) of times I died without a chance to save myself. It may seem strange to complain that a game’s too long, but when the genuine scares of being hunted by an unstoppable predator are so diluted by repetition and padding, Isolation’s epic length really does work against it.
 
Teaser Trailer



Here we go again.

Just hoping the game shows a bit more aftersales love.

The first one never got native vr finished so modders had to build on top of baseline stuff built before the vive was even released.

Also anti aliasing plz.

Also please rip on game journalists. Actually target Ryan Mccaffrey specifically for being a little *****.
 
Back
Top Bottom