Chess.com

Last tried to play in high school, when we were expected to participate in extra-mura activities. Didn't get the hang of it. [thinking ahead, anticipating and countering moves, "controlling the board" I would try to learn an opening or two and play that robotically. 😝
 
Yeah, I’m on there pretty often. It took me forever to break 400 too. I kept hanging pieces or panicking in the endgame. What helped was playing longer time controls (like 10 min) so I had time to actually think through stuff instead of blundering everything.
 
Yeah, I’m on there pretty often. It took me forever to break 400 too. I kept hanging pieces or panicking in the endgame. What helped was playing longer time controls (like 10 min) so I had time to actually think through stuff instead of blundering everything.
I keep on losing my queen like an idiot. I realised that the small 2D board on screen is not helpful. So I bought a large physical set to play with, so I replicate the on screen moves on the physical set. Only tried it once but seems to help a lot looking at a large 3D set.

I’ve only been playing the 10 minutes a side game.
 
I just went and tried it and got my ass handed to me
Oh even those struggling to get above 400 points are pretty good.

I think you start at 800 but a few losses and you are down by 300-400. It adjusts your level quickly initially.
 
Back
Top Bottom