Clair Obscur: Expedition 33

Clair Obscur: Expedition 33

DarkPrince

Well-known member
This game is looking and sounding so good, one of the few titles I'm eagerly anticipating, from the preview that dropped today it looks amazing. Love the turn based combat with real time elements.

Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 is our turn-based RPG incorporating real-time elements, focusing on a unique journey to stop The Paintress from ever painting death again.

In this early preview of the game's initial stages, you will get a first look at gameplay in Flying Waters, a mysterious region where Gustave and Lune search for their missing companion, Maelle.

We are a small and passionate team, and we're dedicated to creating an experience that both honours classic RPGs and pushes boundaries in new ways that haven't quite been done before.

We can't wait to show you more.



 
Last edited:
This is not my type of game but dropped down to easy mode and still struggled with Ultimate Sakapatate, I nearly gave up on the game but killed him now.

The game is very well made and looks great on my Series X.
 
This is a fighting game like Final Fantasy right?

If so, definitely not a game genre I am into.

You mean like the new FF titles? If so then no this is similar to the old FF games, it's a turn based combat game, so you go into a fight and select the actions you want to do. However unlike traditional turn based games before this the developers have added a twist to the combat where players can now dodge or parry incoming attacks to avoid all damage.

In traditional turn based games you either had to cast a defensive action or rely on a stat to randomly activate to avoid damage in this game you have control and can essentially avoid all attacks in the game.

It's an incredible game and well worth trying especially since it's free on gamepass and is at a cheaper price tag on other platforms.
 
This is not my type of game but dropped down to easy mode and still struggled with Ultimate Sakapatate, I nearly gave up on the game but killed him now.

The game is very well made and looks great on my Series X.
Annoying fight till I realised his weak point was behind the shield, once I shot his shield a few times I popped the weak point it was such an easy fight.
 
You mean like the new FF titles? If so then no this is similar to the old FF games, it's a turn based combat game, so you go into a fight and select the actions you want to do. However unlike traditional turn based games before this the developers have added a twist to the combat where players can now dodge or parry incoming attacks to avoid all damage.

In traditional turn based games you either had to cast a defensive action or rely on a stat to randomly activate to avoid damage in this game you have control and can essentially avoid all attacks in the game.

It's an incredible game and well worth trying especially since it's free on gamepass and is at a cheaper price tag on other platforms.
Might be worth giving it a go then seeing it's on GP.
 
I'd like tog ive it a go once I have o replace my graphics card.

As someone who's been there, I think nobody vacillates more than a PC gamer pulling the trigger on a graphics card. Usually, by the time a PC gamer is ready, they have a self taught degree in hardware architecture

:)
 
As someone who's been there, I think nobody vacillates more than a PC gamer pulling the trigger on a graphics card. Usually, by the time a PC gamer is ready, they have a self-taught degree in hardware architecture

:)
I wish! Not that technically inclined and don't retain information well. I miss the time when you could get a perfectly good 1080p card for R3000. My GTX 1060 has served me very well. It helps that I am not obsessed with frame rates and antialiasing and that I have a sizeable backlog....Oh wait....that suggests that what passes for a lower-end card these days would be good enough for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom