E3 Canceled

Inevitable but still a bit sad.

In some ways the new, platform led, online and more frequent showcases are better but there's also something about the huge E3 stage presentations (complete with cringe and mistakes) that are going to be missed.
 
Think they cancelled specific years and were meant to have one more go at it this year. The digital shows are basically cheaper and get bigger community reactions in today’s world so it was inevitable.
 
I enjoyed E3 and the showcases surrounding it.

But I suppose it was inevitable and Covid just placed the final nail in the coffin.
 
The fact it was always a media only show is probably what kept it the hardest to keep going.

Pivot to allow the public and maybe then there’s a hope.

But the world has also just moved on from this kind of thing.
 
The fact it was always a media only show is probably what kept it the hardest to keep going
That and I’m sure they were charging platforms a fortune to take part. Then it’s fraught with the risk of being upstaged or something going wrong on stage.
 
Back
Top Bottom