God of War Laufey

God of War Laufey

Cathal

Active member



Death was supposed to be the end, but for Laufey (Faye), warrior and wife to Kratos, a new adventure is just beginning. Awakening unexpectedly in a strange land after her death, Faye discovers the plans she put in place to protect Kratos and Atreus in her absence are now at risk.

To save the ones she loves, Faye must fight through the afterlife of the gods - the Everywhen - where ruthless gods from across mythology vie for power in a land overflowing with dangerous magic. Harness Faye's speed, control, and relentlessness to overwhelm even the fiercest of foes with decisive, deadly precision.
 
I'm liking how nimble and agile Faye looks in the game, the slide into launcher into air combo and direction switch looks good.

I'm not sure calling this game God of War was the correct decision though unless the main focus of the game is being played as Kratos and they just haven't revealed that yet. Tailoring the game after Faye but calling it God of War seems like they don't have confidence in the character and riding the coattails of what God of War has achieved historically. Maybe Laufey a God of War Tale or something like that would have been a better decision. Either way I'll play this for what looks to be great combat.
 
I'm liking how nimble and agile Faye looks in the game, the slide into launcher into air combo and direction switch looks good.

I'm not sure calling this game God of War was the correct decision though unless the main focus of the game is being played as Kratos and they just haven't revealed that yet. Tailoring the game after Faye but calling it God of War seems like they don't have confidence in the character and riding the coattails of what God of War has achieved historically. Maybe Laufey a God of War Tale or something like that would have been a better decision. Either way I'll play this for what looks to be great combat.
Yup, the combat definitely gave some DMC vibes there, with how fluid she seems compared to Kratos.

I think they should've taken note from the new game Resonance: A Plague Tale Legacy when it comes to naming.
Lot of people are rubbed wrong with the shift and the name doesn't help.
 
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. These are games and characters that could be their own IP but are being forced under the god of war franchise because greedy Sony. It looks great and I will probably play it but it is not the God of War that I fell in love with 20 years ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom