POLL: What has been your most reliable console?

What has been your most reliable console generation?


  • Total voters
    14
POLL: What has been your most reliable console?

AdrianH

Administrator
Even though neither my Xbox One nor Xbox Series X/S have given me issues, my Xbox One was definitely the most reliable purely based on time used without any issues. My Xbox 360 died with RROD, but won't complain as they replaced it with a Jasper revision which is the most reliable and included an HDMI port. (I am pretty sure my previous one didn't have)
 
PS4 was very reliable, so far PS5 seems the same way. Didn't have much luck with either the PS2 or 360 - I ended up going through three or four of each. PS2 as I used it as a DVD player and the laser kept wearing out and the 360 due to RRoD (and maybe some other issues, can't recall).
 
Everything besides ps3 which mine always broke when a new model was coming out.

Never had any issues with ps4 and ps5 so far
 
PS2 laser issues. PS3 YLoD.

PS4 no issues but LOUD.

PS5 perfect.

Series S and X and PS5 seemed to have nailed it this time around.
 
Series X have had zero problems, my daughter is still playing on my Xbox One X with zero problems.

My original PS1 is still working.
 
Ps3 for me..

Had no issues with the console or controller, also probably played the best games on it.

Feel like the ps4 built in battery was weak.
 
PS2 had a disc drive issue but worked fine thereafter. It would've been first if it wasn't for that issue.

I had several PS3s, the OG 60gb was headed down the YLOD path so I upgraded and didn't have any issues thereafter with the 80GB and the slim. I loved it but not as much as it's big brother.

The PS4 was loud but solid with the ideal design. I upgraded to the pro mid gen and if I didn't get the deal on a PS5 when I did, I'd still be happy with it today. I still prefer that menu system over the current and I crave to have that option as it just worked better at organising and accessing games and related features which is why I picked this.

I don't like the PS5 design and I've had a few software crashes so I'm not confident it will have the legs especially with the internal SSD being permanently attached to the motherboard. Where it lacks in sound it makes up in heat. It runs hot and is not boxed in my tv stand so that's no excuse.
 
My PlayStation 2 from 2001 ....still works yes its in storage atm but still fires up had a lense tune 15 years ago

GameCube and Wii maybe more so since they never gave any issues no tuning needed

PS3 wise.... mmm only OS issues at a point
Xbox 360 i went through 6 or so of them.
 
Haven't had many issues that I could recall.

PS1, PS2 slim, PS3 phat and superslim, PSP, PS Vita, PS4 phat and Pro, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X, all pretty fine.

Only things I can remember are :
- The attrocious fan noise on the PS4 Pro
- A bit of coil whine on my PS5 and one of my Dualsense controllers had stick drift which was replaced under warranty.
- Had a few worn out thumbsticks on the Xbox One controllers and some torn thumbsticks on PS4
 
PS3 Slim, got one the day it came out here and it is still going strong. It's just a pity the DS3 Controllers aren't as reliable. OG PS2 also kinda works but it can decide not to work for weeks at a time so I don't count it anymore.

I didn't have much luck with the PS3 Phat Ladies, had 3x YLOD before I stopped buying them. X360 had about 4-5 RROD before I stopped buying them.

OG PS4 was pretty silent, think I got lucky with that, my brother had it for a few years after me before upgrading to the PS4 Pro and then I finally heard the Jet engine everyone was going on about.

Won't be surprised if the PS5 ends up being the most reliable by the end, haven't had any issues with it so far.
 
I remember the first batch of Xbox One S also had that fan noise issue. I used to love Xbox (mainly because of the exclusives and still play on my XSX) but I spend a lot more time on the PS5 now because it feels like a premium product. Even the controllers feel solid. I've already been through 2 xbox controllers and now using my 3rd on the XSX but still using the original PS5 controllers that came with the console.
 
Back
Top Bottom