Sport games.

Sport games.

Moosedrool

Active member
I might get some serious flak here.

I miss playing NHL and other goal and contact sports games. These type of games seems to have shifted target more to the layman console user years ago and is mostly now only accessible on consoles.

As of now there are practically nothing with big budget sponsers available on pc due to serious gamers disassociating themselves from the franchise.

But why? What happened?

I know there is a gamer stigma around this in multiple directions but stuff like this didn’t exist in the late 90’s early 2000’s though I can’t see a reason for it because back then you’d go from fragging your friends in a night long quake lan party to firing up fifa on the pc after showing off your tiger woods pga drive technique.

I get called boring when I play some rugby 22 on a discord server. 😞 Honestly I get called boring for a lot of things I play on that server. Ksp, racing games, city builders, half-life even… etc

Thoughts?
 
Okay whatever you enjoy and screw everyone else.

Beyond that, I agree with you that sports games have taken a serious dive over the years. Tiger Woods games used to be a lot of fun but the golf games out there now really feel bland. Tennis is maybe the worst.

Don’t know about the football games but those seem to just be about maximizing the season pass type stuff. We used to play FIFA with 5 of us locally using the multitap, was amazing fun.
 
Okay whatever you enjoy and screw everyone else.

Beyond that, I agree with you that sports games have taken a serious dive over the years. Tiger Woods games used to be a lot of fun but the golf games out there now really feel bland. Tennis is maybe the worst.

Don’t know about the football games but those seem to just be about maximizing the season pass type stuff. We used to play FIFA with 5 of us locally using the multitap, was amazing fun.

Dive… maybe or they just shifted target markets. More and more I hear gamers say that these aren’t real gamers.
 
FIFA or EA FC as its now called is sadly the only football SIM game, pro evolution used to be a great competitor . Sadly not anymore .

If your into management football manager is king even with the issues of getting a new version out.

Not found any rugby it cricket one that I like.
 
Back
Top Bottom