Undersea Cable woes?

Undersea Cable woes?

noman

Established member

Struggling with ping dependent multiplayer games finding lobbies this week. Gears & HALO specifically. Is it a fair assumption that rerouting of internet traffic because of cable breakages is the primary reason?
 
Yeah, I've had to start using Cloudflare Warp+ Unlimited on Mac and iPhone to get 500Mbps on Afrihost. And my Vultr servers in Joburg were so stuffed that backups were timing out to Backblaze B2 in the US, which tbh is unacceptable under any circumstances. Data centres are supposed to have redundancy for any scenario. Switched my local servers to other providers and they're fine now.

I haven't played PS5 in 2+ months but Series X has been fine.
 
It’s been great for me actually as I’ve been working on diagnostics software for our platform and real world packet loss helped me find areas that needed improvement. Much better than unplugging a network cable or taking off an antenna.

:D
 
Back
Top Bottom