Xbox deleted all my screenshots and video captures

Xbox deleted all my screenshots and video captures

AdrianH

Administrator
Well, I am gutted, and I came here feeling sorry for myself.

All my screenshots and video captures for the last 10 years are gone. Xbox did send an email stating they will only keep them for 90 days but I was under the impression they meant in the cloud. Turns out they purged them from my Xbox as well because they are not there, but the settings says "store locally" as well as "upload to network".

It's a little upsetting because I had some good memories with them. Videos of beating people on Forza online, kicking the demon's ass in Doom, unlocking a Dead Space 2 achievement 10 years after I last played Dead Space 2.

Thinking about it though, maybe I need to unpack the XB1 which has been in storage since I got the XSX. With some luck I can login without going online and save them from there. The majority of my captures were during the XB1 era. Will try this weekend.

Bastards!!!!
 
One Drive is your friend. I have some old stuff still there. Clips from BF4 and Gears etc
 
That really sucks! Losing all those captures must feel awful, especially with the great memories attached. I totally get the frustration—I've lost some old game clips before, and it’s just gutting. Definitely give the XB1 a shot this weekend; you might get lucky and find some of those gems still saved. I’ve learned the hard way to back up important clips on an external drive, just in case.
 
How can they purge them from your local storage?

I have no idea to be honest?

I see plenty are moaning about this. I presume that when a capture is deleted in cloud, it then also triggers a delete on the Xbox it was captured on, similar to OneDrive.
 
I have no idea to be honest?

I see plenty are moaning about this. I presume that when a capture is deleted in cloud, it then also triggers a delete on the Xbox it was captured on, similar to OneDrive.
Yeah I'm not a fan of all tgis auto upload and cloud and sync and whatever, but I'm old fashioned. If something is uploaded it must be uploaded by me.

But yeah at 1 point I also had cool screenshot and vids of gaming moments then I realised as good as I am at games nobody cares and I'm never gonna watch them anyway.
 
That sucks. I've lost a few clips from my xbox as well but I've hardly used the feature on the xbox as it's so poorly done compared to the PS capture, edit and share features. On the PS I usually collate them into monthly dumps and upload to my YT so as long as google keeps my channel active I have my content backed up!
 
Back
Top Bottom