General Chat

Happy New Year all! Too much to drink last night and a little alcohol fueled drama, but a good time otherwise.

Happy New Year everyone.

Missed the cutover while watching The Continental

@KenMasters

I see the Queen of Denmark abdicated. My attitude is that all royalty should be allowed to retire same as everyone else can.

Queen Elizabeth was 96 years old when she passed, how awful to work up to the day you die.

@KenMasters

I see the Queen of Denmark abdicated. My attitude is that all royalty should be allowed to retire same as everyone else can.

Queen Elizabeth was 96 years old when she passed, how awful to work up to the day you die.
Ja, big news for the Danes. Her New Years address is a big tradition, everybody in the country watches it, so a good place to make the announcement. Admirable woman and her son is well liked.

Admirable woman and her son is well liked.
The new Queen is an Aussie I believe?

My attitude is that all royalty should be allowed to retire same as everyone else can.
Pretty sure they can, but Elizabeth saw that Charles was next so probably wanted to hold that off for as long as possible.

Going for a birthday picnic lunch hereon Zevenwacht Wine Farm, it is going to be nice scorching 35 degrees.

Luckily we live in an estate on the farm and can come back to my pool later. (and air-con)

And what do you give a lady for her birthday who gave you a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label for your birthday? My wife reckons a set of Carol Boyes glasses is enough.

Friends of ours gifted us one of those fuck off metal framed above ground pools and so I’ve spent the day extending the patio outside to make it fit.

Dammit I expected to be chilling in the thing by now with a cold beer, but grass is a fucking bitch and then carrying slabs around is killer as well not to mention meticulously levelling each one.

a89c00bf9a4fbae94ebd093b4942533b.jpg

Technically I could set it up now but I want some clearance so probably going to do another row of at least 4 on the end and maybe add two where I triangulated the corners just to give a little headroom.

Tomorrow’s job if my body plays along. Wife is unfortunately back to work so I’ll be flying solo.

Kids won’t be happy as I sent them to Ouma for the night so I can work faster without interruption and get it done.

And then I’ll need to make a more permanent plan to extend the power source I have at the borehole and bring it this way for the filter pump. Might as well just put a smart socket in and call it a day then I can automate it to play along with the solar.

Back
Top Bottom