Biometric's Space Thread
- Thread starter AdrianH
- Start date
Before smart telescopes it was really complex hardware and processes. It's only been like 2+ years since they appeared mainstream. This has been a game changer in ease of use and discovery. You can just use it in it's automatic mode, but you can get better results if you invest in learning post processing. The Seestar saves both it's auto stack and the raw FIT files, so you can just have fun with it's automatic mode or you can take it to another level post processing. Advantage of learning it is when the bug bites and you upgrade to larger gear you already know the post processing techniques which remain the same.That Seestar is super cool and looks like something good for a noob to start with. Would that be an accurate assumption?
I’m building up my retirement plans and I’d love to get into something like that one day. Cost is pretty reasonable too.
Personally I’d stick with the S50 as it has a larger aperture.Yeah I’ve been watching videos on the Seestar S30 Pro which they are all raving about. $599 USD it’s cheaper than my PS5 Pro!
Like you say, it can start on full auto mode and once I get into it we’ll see where it goes from there. Being in WA I have access to very dark skies not too far from where I stay and there’s basically no pollution at all here.
But this is all still a few years away, unless the bug just bites hard one day lol.