Boxing

Such a weird fight, but I’ve been watching some of Tysons training videos and he might be 57 but damn, I’d be a bit worried if I was Paul.
 
I have a feeling that Tyson will tire pretty quickly. So he will probably have to come out all guns blazing to get a KO early on, else I think Paul may actually dominate the fight. 27 vs 57 age gap is significant.
 
Agree about Tyson coming out quickly, can’t see a 57 year old having stamina. Also means he’ll be aggressive and open, giving Paul some openings early on. The longer it goes the lower Tyson’s chances get.

But he’s still Mike Tyson and he can still do damage. I’m hoping to see the famous body to uppercut combo.
 
Yeah don’t care for Jake Paul at all but I do want to see Tyson mixing it up. Boxing needs the spectacle to be honest.
 

Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul rules finally announced for boxing mega-fight​

Mike Tyson and Jake Paul's controversial fight will be sanctioned as a professional bout.

Boxing legend Tyson is making a return to the ring on July 20 as he will face social media sensation Paul just weeks after his 58th birthday. It was unclear if the fight would be sanctioned professionally or as an exhibition, but the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations have now confirmed it will go on both men’s records.

"Mike Tyson and Jake Paul signed on to fight each other with the desire to do so in a sanctioned professional fight that would have a definitive outcome," Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions business partner Nakisa Bidarian told ESPN. "Over the past six weeks, MVP has worked with its partners to satisfy the requirements of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) to sanction Paul vs. Tyson, and we are grateful that we have gotten to this point."

The fight will contested over eight, two-minute rounds with both Paul and Tyson wearing 14-ounce gloves in the ring and no headgear. Paul has faced heavy criticism for fighting Tyson well past his prime and reacted to the news by tweeting: "What y'all going to say now? Mike Tyson wanted it to be a pro fight. Netflix wanted it to be a pro fight. So I agreed to make it a pro fight. Winner takes all."

Tyson hasn't won a professional bout in over two decades and called it quits after retiring on his stool against journeyman Kevin McBridge in 2005. The 57-year-old returned to the ring in November 2020 when he went eight rounds in an unscored exhibition bout against fellow legend Roy Jones Jr.

The news contradicts comments that Tyson made in an interview earlier this month as he claimed the fight would be sanctioned as an exhibition with unique rules. "I wasn't joking when I said this would be a real fight. See you in July, Jake Paul," Tyson tweeted. There will be a 31-year age difference between Paul and Tyson on fight night, the largest gap between two fighters in professional boxing history.

Paul will look to secure his 10th professional win against the former undisputed heavyweight champion Tyson, who retired with a record of 50-6 (2NC). It's understood the TDLR will make Tyson undergo brain and heart scans because of his age and he must pass them to be eligible to fight.

 
Saw the Tyson training video yesterday.

If Tyson went up against Fury, Usyk or any current fighter, I wouldn't bet on him getting a hiding. Old Man looks like he is ready to flip that BEAST switch. Literally looks like the kind of man you want next to you if you had to face a barbarian horde with fists only.

Honestly do not see Jake winning this, regardless of age gap. He is gonna need the payday from this fight to fund recuperation

Fight is also now a 'professional bout'!
 
It’s a crazy setup. As a child of that time it’s going to be great to see Tyson in the ring again, but that age gap is massive and Paul is not a mug.

Gloves at 14oz favors Paul and will make a quick knock out unlikely, 2 minute rounds favors Tyson who won’t have the stamina.

Tyson looks mean as hell in those videos.
 
I think Tyson will come out flying, but will very likely tire a lot quicker than Paul. So for Tyson to win, he needs an earlier KO.
 
Well that was very disappointing. From pretty much every angle.

Made up for by that woman’s fight, damn they went at it like crazy and that cut was intense. Can’t believe she continued fighting with that. Then it was let down by a terrible decision, definite robbery going on over there.

This is after the fight:
the_athlete_lifestyle_on_si%2F01jcsw0s9jay0f3dy9wd.jpg
 
Last edited:
Jake Paul defeated Mike Tyson via unanimous decision in the former world heavyweight champion's first fight in 19 years.

The eight-round fight, which took place at the AT&T Stadium in Texas and was streamed on Netflix, was scored 80-72, 79-73 and 79-73 in favour of the YouTuber-turned-boxer.

 
Well that was very disappointing. From pretty much every angle.

Made up for by that woman’s fight, damn they went at it like crazy and that cut was intense. Can’t believe she continued fighting with that. Then it was let down by a terrible decision, definite robbery going on over there.

This is after the fight:
the_athlete_lifestyle_on_si%2F01jcsw0s9jay0f3dy9wd.jpg

Thats gonna hurt once all the adrenaline has gone, ouch.
 
I think Tyson will come out flying, but will very likely tire a lot quicker than Paul. So for Tyson to win, he needs an earlier KO.
After seeing the training vids it is what I was expecting. I don't know hey.
Lets chalk it up to age, but I thought there were some obvious openings typical Tyson would have pounced on.
aah well. 20 odd bar, in dollars, is not chump change
 
After seeing the training vids it is what I was expecting. I don't know hey.
Lets chalk it up to age, but I thought there were some obvious openings typical Tyson would have pounced on.
aah well. 20 odd bar, in dollars, is not chump change

Everyone is saying the match was decided before they even stepped in the ring. But ja, watching Tyson in training and then in the ring, it was like he was just chilling out.
I would get slapped by Tyson for $1m LOL
 
To me it looked like Tyson hurt his knee at some point and could barely move his leg, add age to that and we could all see he couldn’t get in when he wanted to. Ended up being very stagnant and throwing only 18 punches or something.

Don’t think they were interested in delaying again so just went through with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom