DOOM: The Dark Ages

It's not too bad, benchmarks show the 3060 does 1080p/60 with DLSS and max settings.

The graphics card is actually not the problem. I got the 3060 rtx 12gb version. I am still sporting a core i7 2600k and the pc got only 16gb of ram. And my motherboard being as old as it is, does not support NVMe drives.
 
The graphics card is actually not the problem. I got the 3060 rtx 12gb version. I am still sporting a core i7 2600k and the pc got only 16gb of ram. And my motherboard being as old as it is, does not support NVMe drives.

There's a good chance it will work. Just use the optimised settings (or lower) from Digital Foundry, make sure to close any additional programs running in the background and disable any overlays like the NVIDIA overlay or the FPS monitoring in MSI Afterburner.

Lack of NVMe support is not a problem. While the game says it requires an NVME, a SATA SSD runs things very well too and there's videos on Youtube of this.
16Gb RAM will be fine too.

Worth a try if you have Gamepass or can sign up for a trial.
 
So I loved Doom 2016. To me it is the best FPS game of all time! Didn’t enjoy Eternal it was to frantic and itv forced you to use all the weapons, when all I wanted to do was super shotgun to the face the whole game. It’s carthatic.

Is this possible in Dark Ages?

If not, then I’ll wait until it’s on sale or maybe after I get around to finishing Eternal.

We need a new Quake game.
 
So I loved Doom 2016. To me it is the best FPS game of all time! Didn’t enjoy Eternal it was to frantic and itv forced you to use all the weapons, when all I wanted to do was super shotgun to the face the whole game. It’s carthatic.

Is this possible in Dark Ages?

If not, then I’ll wait until it’s on sale or maybe after I get around to finishing Eternal.

We need a new Quake game.
I totally agree that we need a new Quake game. Hopefully that is next on ID software's list
 
Back
Top Bottom