News

News
These are the new prices:

PlayStation Plus South African Prices September 2023​

  • PlayStation Plus Essential
    • Monthly – R119
    • 3-Month Subscription – R319
    • 12-Month Subscription – R949 (was R749)
  • PlayStation Plus Extra
    • Monthly – R179
    • 3-Month Subscription – R519
    • 12-Month Subscription – R1,609 (was R1239)
  • PlayStation Plus Deluxe
    • Monthly – R209
    • 3-Month Subscription – R609
    • 12-Month Subscription – R1,879 (was R1429)
So Extra goes up %30. That's quite a jump. Maybe you remember the discount prices, most of us wait for the annual discounts to buy anyway.

The new price here for Aus accounts is $170 so R2,077. Ouch. And neither region get PS Stars still, no streaming on Delux/Premium.

Yeah I mean this is very much in the region now of simply not having it at all and rather buying the odd game on special outright.

The problem is all those crappy free games the kids love to play.

Hopefully Black Friday has the usual specials.
 
Will see how it goes. The value has been huge for me and I’m subbed till 2025 so nothing to do for a while.

I’ve played and finished 13 games on the service this year so far. However I accept that I have very broad tastes in gaming so there’s a lot that falls into my want-to-play list.
 
Will see how it goes. The value has been huge for me and I’m subbed till 2025 so nothing to do for a while.

I’ve played and finished 13 games on the service this year so far. However I accept that I have very broad tastes in gaming so there’s a lot that falls into my want-to-play list.
For sure but the PS5 is my (and the family's) second console so it's very much the exclusives machine. To date I think the only new games I've played on it was Horizon Forbidden West and outside of that it's been the old Everybody's Golf and Broforce with my son until it moved to Xbox recently where we have more than two controllers.

He's obsessed with Astro though and recently made the transition to Ratchet & Clank so it's getting it's value in a pure work horse sense, but just not a big spread of games.

I would like to get a PSVR2 for Christmas which would see a bit more use come out of it for sure.
 
New pricing is a bit of a scam, I'm hopeful for an improvement in quality of games on the service bit realistically it's unlikely and we'll just get more of the same.
 

State of Play returns tomorrow, with a focus on upcoming indie and third-party releases​

PSSoP.jpg

Tomorrow’s broadcast will focus on updates to previously announced games coming to PlayStation consoles. From indie and PS VR2 highlights, to major upcoming titles from our third-party partners, our latest show has something for everyone!

 
Haven’t got PSVR2 yet.

Do want one, but I know it won’t get the time it deserves. So I’m hoping something really pushes me over the edge.
 
Haven’t got PSVR2 yet.

Do want one, but I know it won’t get the time it deserves. So I’m hoping something really pushes me over the edge.

For me Gran Turismo 7 alone made it worth it - but it's true I haven't touched it for some time since then.
 
Definitely one of the games that’s making me itch. Then I’m scared I’m going to want a whole racing rig lol.
I was this close to spending a fair chunk on a proper direct-drive setup - thankfully sanity took over. Might still do it if our new place has the space though.

EDIT: Come to think of it, if you are contemplating PSVR2, might make sense to wait on a PS5 Pro and see what you gain - GT 7 is a great experience, but it's definitely one of the softer looking PSVR2 experiences.
 
Seeing posts of Sony being hacked and client data for sale on dark web.
any one know if any truth?
 
Seeing posts of Sony being hacked and client data for sale on dark web.
any one know if any truth?

From what I can gather, they tried to blackmail Sony first and Sony said no. Now they're offering whatever they've managed to steal on the open market, but it doesn't look to be as extensive as they claim from the proof they've posted. We'll see how things shake out.
 
Lots of noise so far. Will have to see if it’s severe. Sony doing the right thing I think and not paying them.
 
Yeah can’t pay hackers anything or they’ll just keep coming back for more. I also wondered what the extent is. I believe around 6,000 files or presentations and PowerPoints were taken. The only thing that will get Sony’s attention imo is if psn gets the the store went down. The rest is just noise to them.
 
Meh, if they hack me, they hack me,
Yeah can’t pay hackers anything or they’ll just keep coming back for more. I also wondered what the extent is. I believe around 6,000 files or presentations and PowerPoints were taken. The only thing that will get Sony’s attention imo is if psn gets the the store went down. The rest is just noise to them.
If your bring down the psn store or any major online store, I'm sure you're getting suiciceded these days.
 
Jim Ryan has announced his retirement due for next March:


30 years at Sony, that's a good stretch. Will be interesting to see who replaces him. Sony always manage to find someone capable, if not exactly charismatic, to do the job.
 
Back
Top Bottom