Rate your recently watched movies

I watched "The Hitcher" for the first time yesterday. I think the last time I heard about that movie was on the playground in primary school as a friend, who was allowed to watch anything, recounted it to me.

Interesting film, a lot like Spielberg's "Duel", if the truck were a person - ostensibly straightforward thriller but substantively existential. Beautifully shot.

Other recent notables were "I saw the TV Glow" - interesting allegory for the trans experience. Low budget but well made with a stand-in for the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV show integral to the plot - they even have a cameo from a cast member.

And "The Substance", satirical body horror that has more in common with the work of Brian Yuzna than it does Cronenberg. It'll get you thinking but it does push the envelope when it comes to mainstream audience expectations.
 
The Electric State

Found it boring and average, its just forgettable. 5/10




Watched it yesterday.

Wanted to like it but it's very slow and plods along quite soullessly. Pratt and MBB taking that Netflix money for standing in front of a green screen for a few months, they didn't seem all that into it either.

Definitely better ways to spend 2 hours.
 
yep. Sounds about exactly what I expect. haven't watched it.

last night I wanted top watch something...and figured why not. I vaguely remember seeing it but never left an impression when I was a teen.

Honestly, it has been a long while that I watched a movie and thought to myself.....wow...this is art.

The Godfather (1972)
 
Mickey 17

Terrible, terrible movie. Wasted premise, unfunny comedy, satire lacking intelligence, hammy over the top performances. Pattinson makes an effort at least. Ruffalo and Collette are embarrassingly bad and should know better.
 
Mickey 17

Terrible, terrible movie. Wasted premise, unfunny comedy, satire lacking intelligence, hammy over the top performances. Pattinson makes an effort at least. Ruffalo and Collette are embarrassingly bad and should know better.

Damn, I like Pattinson, was hoping this would be good.
 
Took my son to watch the minecraft movie last night. He enjoyed it, was wild seeing grown men screaming and shouting like children though.
 
Y2QtMzBiM2ZiM2IwYzJjXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
I suppose i see this movie through rose tinted glasses but i still love it 10/10
The weird and old editing techniques add such a charm to it for me
 
Back
Top Bottom