Recommended Apostille Service?

Recommended Apostille Service?
Never heard of that number before. My kids don't have any 9 digit number on their SA birth certificates.

It is not just the unique certificate number (up to 9 chars) on the certificate itself?
Same, I also see nothing that is 9 digits...
@KenMasters send an Email to Kevin @ Postex... they know what's required. He was very helpful with me.
 
Same, I also see nothing that is 9 digits...
@KenMasters send an Email to Kevin @ Postex... they know what's required. He was very helpful with me.

Thank you, I did pass their details along. This all started to feel rather precarious, so we ended up telling the law firm on the Dutch side to take the reigns on this.
 
Nope, Deloitte told us to leave it blank. They probably revised the "Birth Entry Number" system at some point.

I had a similar issue when wanting to get my SA smart ID.

Apart from the fact that SA citizens that are born out of SA can't actually apply for SA smart IDs, they also asked for some citizenship/permanent residence certificate number which doesn't seem to have existed in the 80s when I was naturalised. Back then, my parents became citizens basically when they landed in SA. They filled out the form when they landed at the airport, and they received confirmation about 2 weeks later they were citizens. My sister and I automatically became citizens due to our young age.
 
I had a similar issue when wanting to get my SA smart ID.

Apart from the fact that SA citizens that are born out of SA can't actually apply for SA smart IDs, they also asked for some citizenship/permanent residence certificate number which doesn't seem to have existed in the 80s when I was naturalised. Back then, my parents became citizens basically when they landed in SA. They filled out the form when they landed at the airport, and they received confirmation about 2 weeks later they were citizens. My sister and I automatically became citizens due to our young age.

It was strange to realise how little in terms of valid documentation we actually have - things were a lot simpler when we first moved to Denmark.

Just hope the documentation does come through, that and the sale of our apartment are the two major holdups.
 
It was strange to realise how little in terms of valid documentation we actually have - things were a lot simpler when we first moved to Denmark.

Just hope the documentation does come through, that and the sale of our apartment are the two major holdups.
Indeed :D

My British birth certificate is hand-written on an official form where only the birth certificate number was printed on when the forms where printed in batch.

The only documentation I have from SA with regards to my citizenship is a "Permit for Permanent Residence" form where at least in this case, they values where typed onto the form, and there is a nice purple stamp officiating it on 16 November 1982. This is the only documentation I have that I am SA citizen. I somehow doubt the government would even be able to get a copy of this today.

1695817433507.png
 
I would recommend using DIRCO. They are the only authorized issuer of apostilles for South African documents. The process can be done in person at their Pretoria office or you can mail in your documents. Turnaround is usually around 5-7 business days. Their fees are quite reasonable too. I've used DIRCO before and found them to be efficient and reliable.
 
We managed to get our birth certificates no problem, but Home Affairs has no record of our marriage - so that's fun.

They probably couldn't be arsed to even look either.

What the plan? Do you have any official documents for your marriage?
 
They probably couldn't be arsed to even look either.

What the plan? Do you have any official documents for your marriage?

We have the certificate the marriage officiator hands you, but that's worth nothing apparently. My Mom managed to track down the guy that married us, he says he registered it and has it somewhere in his files - but we've been asking him for it for weeks and he's not gotten back to us. Does not fill me with confidence.

My Mom got hold of his secretary today though and she said she'd hunt it down personally, so lets see. Otherwise there are other options, we can go over as a regular couple, or get married again for the first time - we'll see what works best.

My wife's in Sweden this week so we're leaving the discussion for the weekend. Apartment still has to be sold, so it's not like there's a rush thankfully.
 
@KenMasters you moving to another country?

Good luck with the marriage certificate it took us around 3 years to get our unabridged marriage certificate from useless home affairs, same we had the little piece of scrap paper from the pastor that married us and he registered it, home affairs even changed my wife's surname after the registration but once we wanted the unabridged certificate they could now all of a sudden not find any documents or proof we are married, the pastor that married us had a burglary and everything was stolen so we could not fall back on those documents, such a pain, I just annoyed them in the end with calls and tons of emails and they magically found and issued the certificate just in time for our stuff to get sorted for New Zealand.
 
@KenMasters you moving to another country?

Yes, we're moving to the Netherlands.

Good luck with the marriage certificate it took us around 3 years to get our unabridged marriage certificate from useless home affairs, same we had the little piece of scrap paper from the pastor that married us and he registered it, home affairs even changed my wife's surname after the registration but once we wanted the unabridged certificate they could now all of a sudden not find any documents or proof we are married, the pastor that married us had a burglary and everything was stolen so we could not fall back on those documents, such a pain, I just annoyed them in the end with calls and tons of emails and they magically found and issued the certificate just in time for our stuff to get sorted for New Zealand.

Sorry, that sounds like quite an ordeal. Hoping the guy who married us still has the documentation, but we don't necessarily have to go over as a married couple - it would make things a lot simpler though.
 
That is great, good luck with all the paper work and preparation.

I have lots of family and friends there in Netherlands and also Belgium and they all love it there.

Thanks, though it looks like it's going to be a while yet - if we move at all now. My wife received a letter on Sunday to confirm her Danish citizenship request has been approved and she'll be a full citizen in April, so our situation has changed significantly.
 
Hiya... did you use Kevin from Postex?
My brother in the UK is about to go through the same process and I wanted to check if he was able to help you from Copenhagen.
 
Hiya... did you use Kevin from Postex?
My brother in the UK is about to go through the same process and I wanted to check if he was able to help you from Copenhagen.

We managed to get my wife's company to take care of this for us (they're still busy trying to secure our unabridged wedding certificate, though we now have our birth certificates).
 
Back
Top Bottom