Silent Hill 2 Remake - Bloober Team

Silent Hill 2 Remake - Bloober Team
It will almost certainly get a Pro update, according to the initial Pro document leak, it's mandated that titles from this point on must support the Pro.

It remains to be seen whether support means a Pro exclusive mode/existing modes being improved, or it means that the game must run bug-free on both systems.
 
It remains to be seen whether support means a Pro exclusive mode/existing modes being improved, or it means that the game must run bug-free on both systems.

You're not the first person to float this idea that it's about supporting the console in that it works properly, rather than supporting features. To me that's a ridiculous notion, I do not understand how it makes sense to people, but I've argued the point in other forums as much as I care to, so I'll simply say we'll see what transpires.
 
It remains to be seen whether support means a Pro exclusive mode/existing modes being improved, or it means that the game must run bug-free on both systems.
You're not the first person to float this idea that it's about supporting the console in that it works properly, rather than supporting features. To me that's a ridiculous notion, I do not understand how it makes sense to people, but I've argued the point in other forums as much as I care to, so I'll simply say we'll see what transpires.

I would think it's means all PS5 games must run on PS5 Pro, but PS5 Pro can offer GFX enhancements if developers so wish.

Kind like the XSS and XSX I suppose, just with frame-rates better than 30FPS :p
 
Guess somebody doesn't like it. As he says though, he never played the original so he would not have the nostalgia feeling.

1728578873084.png

1728578944793.png
 
I would think it's means all PS5 games must run on PS5 Pro, but PS5 Pro can offer GFX enhancements if developers so wish.

That makes little to no sense to me. Of course all games will run on the Pro, just like all Xbox One games ran on the One X or PS4 titles ran on the PS4 Pro - nothing needs to be done on the developer side to ensure compatibility (are we suggesting dealers choice on PS5 titles released prior to this September working?).

The PS4 Pro had the same mandate, games released for the PS4 platform post the PS4 Pro release should support the enhanced capability of the Pro.

I suspect this interpretation is something people want to buy into in order to assuage FOMO.
 
Last edited:
That makes little to no sense to me. Of course all games will run on the Pro, just like all Xbox One games ran on the One X or PS4 titles ran on the PS4 Pro - nothing special needs to be done. The PS4 Pro had the same mandate.

I suspect this is something people want to buy into in order to assuage their FOMO.

I don't think I know the back story, or misunderstanding something. Are people assuming what the word "support" means with regards to PS5 Pro?

Also, please don't use big words like assuage, we are simple folk. 😖
 
I don't think I know the back story, or misunderstanding something. Are people assuming what the word "support" means with regards to PS5 Pro?

According to the leaked internal document, titles released after September 15th will be required to support the PS5 Pro. Exactly the same as it was with the PS4 Pro, where Sony mandated all titles released after September 29th, 2016 had to support the Pro.

For some reason some people seem to think support in this case means that games need to run on the Pro, as in at all, not that they take advantage of the Pro. I don't understand the logic as to why it would be any different this time around.
 
That makes little to no sense to me. Of course all games will run on the Pro, just like all Xbox One games ran on the One X or PS4 titles ran on the PS4 Pro - nothing needs to be done on the developer side to ensure compatibility (are we suggesting dealers choice on PS5 titles released prior to this September working?).

The PS4 Pro had the same mandate, games released for the PS4 platform post the PS4 Pro release should support the enhanced capability of the Pro.

I suspect this interpretation is something people want to buy into in order to assuage FOMO.

I hope you're right.

Thinking about it, why would they say all games after X date need to support the Pro when all the games before the Pro's launch ALSO have to run without issue (else Sony's claims of backwards compatibility are false).
 
Guess somebody doesn't like it. As he says though, he never played the original so he would not have the nostalgia feeling.

1728578873084.png

1728578944793.png

Must say, I am slightly jealous.

But I don't buy games for full-price on release. I am a cheap skate, only sales prices for me.

You went to go find one of the only negative reviews so far 😅.

Must say, I am slightly jealous.

But I don't buy games for full-price on release. I am a cheap skate, only sales prices for me.
I very, rarely buy games at full price. Last game i got at full price was Red Dead Redemption 2 but I got it from a gift voucher, then I won Death Stranding and now my brother gifted me Silent Hill 2.

I also tend to be a cheap skate, it is the way
 
Just a heads up if anybody is playing on PC its very cheap on steam South Africa for some reason at the moment. It must be a pricing mistake.

I ended up buying it for my bother on steam last night as I suspect it's a pricing error. I see the price is still the same.

R579 less than 50% of the price on the PS store and my brother confirmed on steam in the US its $69.99

 
Just a heads up if anybody is playing on PC its very cheap on steam South Africa for some reason at the moment. It must be a pricing mistake.

I ended up buying it for my bother on steam last night as I suspect it's a pricing error. I see the price is still the same.

R579 less than 50% of the price on the PS store and my brother confirmed on steam in the US its $69.99


Or 100% off on PC, it has no Denuvo.
 
Agreed! I enjoyed it too. Excellent remake. The lighting and audio design were like nothing else. The story hit pretty hard too.
 
Back
Top Bottom