Spider-Man 2 - Insomniac Games

Spider-Man 2 - Insomniac Games
Yes and no.

Yes in that you’d get the current top fidelity at 60fps but that would probably be called the performance mode on the Pro.

I was assuming no Pro update - just letting it run unlocked (many older PS5 titles would benefit in this way).

Then they’d bump up the fidelity mode to more RT @ 4k and drop the FPS or something. There’s always a trade off. But overall still better.

If they do a Pro update, it'll be interesting to see what modifications they make.

If they do a Pro I hope it’s more of a bump than PS4 to PS4 Pro was.

From the specs leak, it looks like a more extensive upgrade than a simple butterflying of the GPU and efficiency tweaks. Saying that, I was still quite happy with what the Pro offered over the base PS4.

Looks like the Fidelity 120Htz Mode is definitely the way to go. Dynamic resolution takes the 60fps mode quite low whereas it holds a lot better at 40fps.

Ja, for sure the route I'm going to go with it.
 
If they do a Pro update, it'll be interesting to see what modifications they make.
Watch the DF video I posted. Insomniac’s engine is so flexible with the options. They are probably ahead of the game there.

Looking at the options and how the game looks and the advances they’ve made I wonder if they would be willing to let other studios use it.
 
Watch the DF video I posted. Insomniac’s engine is so flexible with the options.

I did see it on Monday.

Looking at the options and how the game looks and the advances they’ve made I wonder if they would be willing to let other studios use it.

I suppose always a possibility within Sony - depends how user friendly is is. They already have Guerrilla's Decima to share amongst studios and I'm sure they all share their learnings as they go along.
 
Tried it out, Fidelity mode looks amazing. The action scenes have so much going on.
And 30fps isn't too bad, good frame pacing and the motion blur is decent.

That level of fidelity plus 60fps on the Pro is all I need from this gen. I can just imagine how good this gen will look when Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch get their respective PS5 games out.
 
Tried it out, Fidelity mode looks amazing. The action scenes have so much going on.
And 30fps isn't too bad, good frame pacing and the motion blur is decent.

That level of fidelity plus 60fps on the Pro is all I need from this gen. I can just imagine how good this gen will look when Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch get their respective PS5 games out.
Naughty Dog ?

"DOES HE KNOW ?"
 
Going to stick with performance mode. Fidelity mode isn't too bad, but the boost in FPS is a must for a game like this
 
Loving this game at the moment, visuals are insane. Up until now I've held Ratchet and Clank as the gold standard with Horizon a close second but Spiderman 2 is definitely a visual benchmark for me. Insomniac have out done themselves here. Fidelity mode all the way even though I just wanted to give it a try it ran so well that I just kept it going. Going to try and finish up by Friday so I can get in on AW2.
 
Finished it today - 8/10

Took me a while a to get going in this game, but found I started to enjoy it a lot more as it went on. Traversal is still the high point and super addictive. The story was decent as far super hero plots go, but I think if there's going to be a Spiderman 3, Insomniac definitely needs to revamp the combat system. Its not terrible, but most of the time I found myself operating on auto-pilot and almost to a point button mashing and obliterating enemies, even on the hardest difficulty. Definitely needs more weight to the action in future games.
 
People need to realise, especially with superhero games, that they try to cater to SUPER casual players by making the combat easier.
That said they definitely need to make a mode more suited for hardcore or "veteran" players that expect more of a challenge.
 
People need to realise, especially with superhero games, that they try to cater to SUPER casual players by making the combat easier.
That said they definitely need to make a mode more suited for hardcore or "veteran" players that expect more of a challenge.
Oddly enough, I prefer to play games on easy to medium difficulty last few years. I think it comes from lack of time and wanting to enjoy the time I get to play instead of struggling at something and making little progress.

Same goes for long games which end up being a grind to finish, like Cyberpunk and Hogwarts this past year.
 
Different types of games to be fair. But I also have this issue when I finish a From type game, everything else feels boring in comparison.

You and my brother are the same. Forever tainted by the From Software experience where every game's combat system feels like a let down.
 
I completed the game last night and I still feel I enjoyed the first game the most from the 3 released to date. It had a decent story even though I disagree with some of the changes that were made to characters. I found that the graphics looked amazing and truly next gen in places and then looked very much like PS4 for the rest of it so I'm pretty sure this game would work on a PS4 and nobody would really notice much of a difference.

I found that the world seemed to be better populated but the vehicles often seem to be stationary for no reason apart from creating that new york traffic. I am still not ok with them making Peter look like Tom Holland because that look does not fit with the spidey they've created and I feel like the story was adapted to try to sell that and didn't quite hit for me with that. I was glad that they found a way to make the OG spidey as appealing as mile's version because his abilities did make him the cooler one especially in the beginning. The MJ missions made her tools seem more powerful than the two spidermen which made me question their scientific competence :P

Overall I did enjoy the game and it's clear that they set up some DLC and will probably make a 3rd game down the line. I just hope that it's not a two fer and that there's a new city and spidey story from the multiverse which would make things feel new again.
 
Back
Top Bottom