Today's high and lows

Today's high and lows
Trump at Davos made my week!
lol
He seems to despise Europe.

I think the whole "invade" Greenland talk is basically what he has done in he past, go in high and tough and then settle for an agreement.

Most NATO members and Europe mainly have armies for peace keeping, not for wars. They know they need US and personally I have no issue with the US patrolling and controlling the Arctic.

As I side note, a colleague was saying if US was to invade Greenland, the rest of the NATO members will have to declare war on US. I just laughed because NATO won't do anything. Macron will probably spout more nonsense wearing sunglasses, and Starmer will stutter and bumble along. Dunno what Denmark will do, but I doubt they would do anything either.

Greeting Us Army GIF by GoArmy
 
He seems to despise Europe.

I think the whole "invade" Greenland talk is basically what he has done in he past, go in high and tough and then settle for an agreement.

TACO - Trump Always Chicken's Out. He's already backed out of his European tariff threat.

Most NATO members and Europe mainly have armies for peace keeping, not for wars. They know they need US and personally I have no issue with the US patrolling and controlling the Arctic.

Which they can do now already.

As I side note, a colleague was saying if US was to invade Greenland, the rest of the NATO members will have to declare war on US. I just laughed because NATO won't do anything. Macron will probably spout more nonsense wearing sunglasses, and Starmer will stutter and bumble along. Dunno what Denmark will do, but I doubt they would do anything either.

There is no way Europe would not respond in some fashion. More importantly, the Greenlander's will not stand for an occupation.

Besides having another country just take over yours, can you imagine going from all the lifestyle benefits of a socialist democracy - mandatory vacation, extended maternity, free healthcare, university & day-care to the social uncertainty of the cold American late stage capitalist grind?
 
Last edited:
I got second hand embarrassment for Americans watching that. Trump thinks he is the star in some show.

At that level and stage, you would expect a minimum bar of decorum and diplomatic tact, at the least.
Compare his talks to someone like Carney for eg.

He comes across as an uneducated spoilt brat. Yeah you got a big mighty army. Banking on that and steamrolling the rest of the world because you can, now, is inevitably gonna come back and bite them in the ass.
I expect the next /new generation of European statesman will not be as easy to bully, and if USA doesn't come to their senses, they may very well encourage their allies to relook and reconsider the relationship USA takes for granted.
 
Low: Was at hospital with daughter at 3am due to vomiting and dehydration. Left at 6:45am mainly due to waiting because there was a single doctor on duty that decided to go on "lunch" at 5am.

Lower: Overall, I am quite disappointed with the UK health system. Struggle to get local GP appointments, hospitals always has a massive waiting time. Its not what I expected to be honest.

High: daughter is a lot better and keeping liquids down now.

Higher: While daughter was being examined by a nurse, I recognised the Saffer accent. Turns out she is from The Vale (Edenvale) which is my home town :D
 
I think it's very dependant on where you live, we have heard from others about long waits and issues with appointments but we have never experienced an issue getting local GP appointments or long waits at hospitals on our side.

I work in private healthcare and have access to any of our hospitals and haven't used them once since we've been here, have never needed to cause the NHS has sorted any issues we've had.

Good that your daughter is feeling better always sucks when the kids are sick and you can't do anything but try keep them comfortable.

Also yeah there are loads of South Africans working in the hospitals here, I always get stopped when I am visiting a hospital for work and someone asks if I'm from South Africa, then I say no I'm Irish and they look shocked and then I say I lived in SA for 30 years 😄 It's quite weird because South Africans here will pick up my accent but in South Africa they always asked where I am from cause they say I have a foreign accent.
 
Low: Was at hospital with daughter at 3am due to vomiting and dehydration. Left at 6:45am mainly due to waiting because there was a single doctor on duty that decided to go on "lunch" at 5am.

Lower: Overall, I am quite disappointed with the UK health system. Struggle to get local GP appointments, hospitals always has a massive waiting time. Its not what I expected to be honest.

High: daughter is a lot better and keeping liquids down now.

Higher: While daughter was being examined by a nurse, I recognised the Saffer accent. Turns out she is from The Vale (Edenvale) which is my home town :D
Hope she feels better soon.
 
I work in private healthcare and have access to any of our hospitals and haven't used them once since we've been here, have never needed to cause the NHS has sorted any issues we've had.

Are these for non-emergencies only?

We have both Vitality and Bupa medical insurance, but it seems it all be for non-emergencies (not immediate) treatment.

Basildon hospital is 5 minutes away, very handy. But my experience with A&E has always been poor. I was admitted form kidney stone back in 2021 after 1h 45m of waiting on agony, once admitted things seemed to be smooth and decent.
 
Are these for non-emergencies only?

We have both Vitality and Bupa medical insurance, but it seems it all be for non-emergencies (not immediate) treatment.

Basildon hospital is 5 minutes away, very handy. But my experience with A&E has always been poor. I was admitted form kidney stone back in 2021 after 1h 45m of waiting on agony, once admitted things seemed to be smooth and decent.

Both, last one for my son was for an emergency and they booked us in that same day at the hospital and sorted him out, anytime we need to see someone we never have an issue getting looked at that day whether it local GP or at the hospital.

My wife's grandad was visiting from SA last year and he got very sick took him to the emergency room and they sorted him out within a couple minutes.

I think it's just an area thing, you will always get more people going in more populated areas and then of course those that take the piss and go there for the smallest of issues taking time away from people with actual emergencies.
 
Lower: Overall, I am quite disappointed with the UK health system. Struggle to get local GP appointments, hospitals always has a massive waiting time. Its not what I expected to be honest.
We manage to get GP appointments on the same day, worst case is next day. Never an issue but your message has made me grateful that I live where I live.

MRIs can take a while through the NHS so I used my BUPA for that, but even then I had to wait 2 weeks for myself.

Hospitals, I think the longest we've probably waited is 2 hours for my kid but he jumps the queue due to his issues.

Otherwise, hope your daughter recovers soon!
 
I was admitted form kidney stone back in 2021 after 1h 45m of waiting on agony, once admitted things seemed to be smooth and decent.

Yeah, that was my last issue too! Woman will never ever experience the pain we go through for that. I think the closest they come to that pain is when they give birth.
 
High: Had a great weekend with my Family. Cleaned my PC and replaced the Thermal Paste with some PTM (running around 4-5 degrees cooler now on average). Made some progress on the game I'm developing.

Low: It's a Monday, slept like an idiot and woke up with a head ache.
 
Low: Thailand trip cancelled as Qatar Airways is "grounded"

High: Going to Egypt instead

Low: :oops::oops::oops::oops:


1773410308789.png

Well this is the first time I'm living in a country that's in firing range 🤣
At least if I get hit by a missile I won't have to pay taxes or worry about work anymore🤣
So there's a silver lining! 🤣


Low: Work drama. I was hoping for a chilled Friday and instead I got so damn worked up, I had to go for a smoke break just to calm down properly.

Low: Family drama. Me and my sister are fighting a bank that gave a family member access to a trust when they were not supposed to. My mom and aunt are fighting with my other aunt over the inheritance, rights to visit my grandfather and other stuff I can't mention here for legal reasons.

Low: Last weekend visiting in ZA for now.

Low: SpritePile crashed when I saved my work after spending 2 hours creating a stacked sprite last night.

High: It's at least almost weekend and I have some Whiskey with my name on it.
 
High - Back home, wedding was good, nice too see the family again but was happy to leave and get back to my hideaway.

Extra High - That's all the brothers and sisters weddings done so no more travel till end of May for Greece holiday.
 
Low - Busy couple of weeks

High - Went to London Comic con which was way better than I expected, probably shouldn't have set my standards to Rage haha but yeah way better than any of those types of events I attended previously and I love how so many people participated in the event. 90& of the people were dressed up which was great to see, lots of cool stalls and great artist line-ups, should have taken some comics to get signed. After Comic con headed off to Syros in Greece for a week and relaxed, was nice to get away and chill at the beach for a while.
 
Low:
It's only Thursday.
Standard bank must be the worst bank ever, still passes the buck and ping pongs you around even when you have a letter from the Masters Office. I can't believe they are even still operational and that people still use them.
Been chasing bugs in circles, game dev wise.
End of the month for me, so money is in "Power Saving Mode".
Nicotine cravings.
Trying to play Fortnite with the Wife and keep getting random bugs, because Epic fired a 1000 employees and seem to be vibe coding all their slop now.
My sister canceled her plans to come visit me later this year.

High:
It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday, which means the weekend is close.
Wife finally got her new laptop, she's happy, which means I'm happy and we can finally start to save up for our Holiday later this year.
Got a random job offer email from someone on LinkedIn, so applying and hoping for the best.
Nearly been over a week without smoking, and just using the occasional Nicotine Pouch.
Hopefully having a nice beer and burger outside this weekend to enjoy the nice summer weather.
 
Back
Top Bottom