Your GOTY

Your GOTY

cowbrains

Active member
December is here already, so what are your games of 2023?

My top 3:
1. Lies of P
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Spiderman 2

Don't know if the above is a reflection of a recency bias, but this year was absolutely stacked. I'm sure folks are sick of me harping about Lies of P by now, but I put it on the same tier as any of the best From games. Other notable mentions were Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom. Also still keen to try BG3
 
Has to be Alan Wake 2 for me, brilliant story had me interested the whole way through. Love Sam Lake’s writing and style.

also enjoyed RE4 remake , but as it’s a remake of a already great game can’t put it on the list.

Lies of P was also a stand out for me
 
Has to be Alan Wake 2 for me, brilliant story had me interested the whole way through. Love Sam Lake’s writing and style.

also enjoyed RE4 remake , but as it’s a remake of a already great game can’t put it on the list.

Lies of P was also a stand out for me
MrCrow....long time :)
 
Of what I have played this year:

Lords of The Fallen. (think I am about midway through) Game is kicking my butt, but so satisfyingly.

Nod to Lies of P. Another beautiful video game, just not as punishing, labyrinth like, or cryptic as LoF,
Nod to Diablo 4 campaign. Was very good. But not a contender. Seasons are yawn.
Starfield. Excellent, but does not have me salivating to get back to it. Biggest complaint: not challenging.
 
I have had a strange year of gaming as I did not play a lot and played more shorter GP games.

Thus far:

Loop Hero
Vampire Survivors.

Both games that are time eaters.

But I think my GOTY is High-Fi Rush. I never play rhythm games but this game is great.

Honorary mentions: Starfield and Forza. Beautiful games but I have only scratched the surface in both, hopefully I get time the holidays to sit and spend hours in both.
 
Baldur’s Gate 3 by a pretty large margin. Amazing game but also the post launch support has been superb. Last week’s 5th patch being 30GB and introducing a ton of new content and game modes.
 
Not sure I’ve actually played a 2023 game this year. I have completed 15 games so far but they are all a bit older. Just so I can take part:

Horizon FW was excellent but my favourite game this year so far has been Inscryption.
 
I think the only 2023 game I’ve played is Hi-Fi Rush and where I thought it was a good game I think Baldur’s Gate is sure to get the prize with spooderman a close runner up based on the sentiment out there.
 
Back
Top Bottom