Recently Purchased

Had some credit and saw callisto protocol for a steal.
cred.jpg

Its still in my backlog. Not sure if or when I will start it. :)
At the price I paid not really gonna whine about it.

Just saying, it’s a bad game. I’d suggest that playing something else would be a better way to spend your time.

When you’ve gone through your 20th crawl space you’ll remember my words lol.

I was undecided about going to this show, then Liquid Swords popped up on my run today:

Pumphuset.png

Also revisiting my room's acoustics now that the TV is changing, managed to convince my wife to allow more panels on the living-room back wall - at least for a trial period:

GIK.jpg

This is the same panel range I ordered, just with white cloth covering and different scatter plate design.

Last edited:
No, your router should be intelligently limiting the PS5 bandwidth to allow your Apple TV+ to keep going at full taps at least until such a point where they would consume 50% of the bandwidth each...

I walked passed our service provider's shop on my way back from the gym this morning, given our conversation I thought to go in and ask about our router. It's an old model and they said to bring it in and they'll exchange it.

Did that, hooked it up and the Wi-Fi is now way more responsive, like I click a link and it's displayed basically instantly, whereas it would take about a second from click to fully loaded before. I'm sure the PS5 download while watching Apple TV+ situation will be similarly improved.

So thanks for the impetus!

I walked passed our service provider's shop on my way back from the gym this morning, given our conversation I thought to go in and ask about our router. It's an old model and they said to bring it in and they'll exchange it.

Did that, hooked it up and the Wi-Fi is now way more responsive, like I click a link and it's displayed basically instantly, whereas it would take about a second from click to fully loaded before. I'm sure the PS5 download while watching Apple TV+ situation will be similarly improved.

So thanks for the impetus!

The concept of service provider having a shops seems so strange in the modern context, but glad they sorted you out and it’s measurably different.

Some great martial arts releases coming this year:

Raid.jpg

The Raid's original Blu-ray release is awful picture quality wise, this Ultra HD update is possibly the single biggest difference between a regular and Ultra HD Blu-ray to date - just night and day (due predominantly to the director Gareth Evans' inexperience at the time, not the format itself):

The Raid.jpg

Next release I'm psyched for is my favourite Jet Lee flick - a remake of Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury:

Jet.jpg

Have you got Fearless?

That’s my favorite Li movie.

Have you got Fearless?

That’s my favorite Li movie.

No, not really a fan of Fearless, more partial to Hero if you're talking Jet Li's post Hollywood output.

I have a big soft spot for the older flicks, I loved the likes of Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung in the 80s but Jet Li's the one that really blew my mind when he came on the scene. Fist of Legend stands out for me being probably his most grounded film of the period, with less of the wire work you see in the likes of Fong Sai-yuk or Once Upon a Time... and it has some kick ass styles on display from the blind karate master to the muay thai big bad (I bought the DVD for my muay thai coach after finding out he'd never seen it).

It's the one Jet-Li film I need to own to represent that period of martial arts nostalgia for me.

New AVC arrived today, quite a size difference between the old and new one:

Front.jpg Top.jpg

The new model is from a lower range, so not unexpected, but still interesting to see.

Come on then, give us the specs

Want to hear all the nerdy AV talk.

It's a Denon X6800H, just arrived in Europe this week.

HDMI 2.1 on all inputs, all the formats covered, a range of music streaming options, four independent subwoofer outs and a choice of either Dirac or MultEQ X.

The X4800H is better value, offering all the same features at a much nicer price, but I'll be using it as a dedicated processor so wanted it for its ESS Sabre DACs.

It's a Denon X6800H, just arrived in Europe this week.

HDMI 2.1 on all inputs, all the formats covered, a range of music streaming options, four independent subwoofer outs and a choice of either Dirac or MultEQ X.

The X4800H is better value, offering all the same features at a much nicer price, but I'll be using it as a dedicated processor so wanted it for its ESS Sabre DACs.
Great, now I have to Google stuff

Great, now I have to Google stuff

Not having the best experience unfortunately. The PS5 is dropping out when using it. Will use eARC in the meantime, hopefully it will be resolved with an update, being as new as it is.

Last edited:
Not having the best experience unfortunately. The PS5 is dropping out when using it. Will use eARC in the meantime, hopefully it will be resolved with an update, being as new as it is.

How was the PS5 connected to the amp if it wasn't eARC before?

Back
Top Bottom