This forum never took off

Admin and I found a bot a week ago. The member had been a member since Sept 2023, made small posts here and there.

The posts for the most part felt a little off, but I could never pinpoint if they were bot or not. Then last week they decided to post a link to a crypto/gambling site (can't remember).

So these bots are getting crafty now, they are in it for the long haul it seems.

Ja, I've noticed that.

I find it a conundrum as a moderator, you have new members come along and post "off" replies, check the IP address and it's some unlikely location - but feels prejudicial to me to just kick them off without them having done anything wrong.

Ja, I've noticed that.

I find it a conundrum as a moderator, you have new members come along and post "off" replies, check the IP address and it's some unlikely location - but feels prejudicial to me to just kick them off without them having done anything wrong.
Same at The Grotto. Need to wait for them to return weeks or months later to edit a post to insert a link.

But I’ve enabled all that Xenforo has on offer to stop dodgy registrations so I don’t get many anymore.

I ts pretty sad though cause this was the perfect SA Gamer clone

Forums in general over the years died slowly even my Fan RE forum Bioflames lasted years inactive till about a year or so ago completly went poof cause there were post with no replies open for close to 10 years

Now that being said Forums in general except Mybroadband forum some how that is still going. Discord has taken over forums and even Steam discussion boards are all done and gone (they dead in groups etc)

This forum just needs a push advertising wise it did have Raru powering it up considering Raru ran and owned it before that.

The owner (new owner) did a great job on this forum just needs more traction but and i mean but ...again forums are a dying breed and only the old school knows about it i dont think kids who have all the time in the world knows about this.

With me personally its time .. time is a issue im posting from a business account anyway hoping to get more traction (cant have too many) but so far on and off on here its not so bad.

It will do what it does I guess. The original forum took a long time to build up.

Forums are not completely dead. Infrequent another forum that covers all topics and it’s got 900,000 registered members. You can’t even post images in that place.

I'm happy that the forum exists and that there's place I can go to catch up on any topic without being overwhelmed with content.

I'm happy that the forum exists and that there's place I can go to catch up on any topic without being overwhelmed with content.
like stupid discord

I dont get why people like discord no discussion just random chat bs group / room

used to make a lot of friends on forums but my god everyone went offline at once i swear.

like stupid discord

I dont get why people like discord no discussion just random chat bs group / room

used to make a lot of friends on forums but my god everyone went offline at once i swear.

It does feel a bit like that, but I suppose it's more like you don't notice above a certain threshold.

Last edited:
like stupid discord

Tbh a good chunk of my friends today are forumites from the old SAG. We just took it to whatsapp because it was easier to matchmake online meet ups that way but just like discord I sometimes miss the convo especially when I'm working.

We started a clan on the old Xbox360 forum in 2007, OAP. Now we chat via WhatsApp and have IRL braais.

Similar, the ones that are in my town I've met and the ones out of town we meet up whenever the other is around. There's also some friends I've never met but I've jammed online with for over 12 years!

Nah, Discord is cool. It’s easy to use, many different threads (just like forums), voice chat integrated and tends to be a lot busier than forums. While it would be nice to post here, there’s unfortunately little to no engagement.

Edit: Just as I posted this around 16:30 or so, the site went down. Lol.

We started a clan on the old Xbox360 forum in 2007, OAP. Now we chat via WhatsApp and have IRL braais.

Sadly my ex took all those friends

so no more get to gethers etc

did find a good group when PUBG came out and they went radio silent few years ago assuming they were in college and then work got them cause i hardly see them online

I like the forum, it's quiet but fun overall, in my old age it just works for me. I also hate discord just random nonsense and meme's, also don't use facebook or any other socials for that matter.

Some of my best friends I've met on forums.

What really happened to SA gamer?

Did they just randomly shut down? Or?

I joined SA gamer in around 2009 if I am not mistaken, randomly tried logging in some time last year and seen the site no longer exists

What really happened to SA gamer?

Did they just randomly shut down? Or?

I joined SA gamer in around 2009 if I am not mistaken, randomly tried logging in some time last year and seen the site no longer exists

Raru were the owners of the forum. They went bust and took the forum offline. Fortunately the domain sagamer.co.za was not renewed by Raru so it was snatched up by the admin and the forum started up again.

Get some clans on here, give them a sub section.
We need to play some games together.
We will talk about it.
People will see it, the energy about it, and want to engage.
We will have more folk on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom