Gears of War

Gears of War
Would have thought they would have got AMD all over it, for the marketing opportunity, considering what powers my potato.

Agreed.
I'll wait and see, I feel the Halo CE release might give us an indication of how we can expect it to perform,
Honestly I'm switching all the frame-gen and ray tracing BS off.
If after that I can crank everything else to max and still get 80 FPS or more, I'll be happy.
But I doubt I will ... Unreal Engine has become such an unoptimized mess lately, I'm expecting 50 FPS at best ...
 
Holy Locust Horde.

I didn't think it was needed or possible, BUT DAMN., the update to the formula is just FANTASTIC!

GEARS is back, and its not ****ing around. Movement...like Butter!

the current PVP MP beta is 2 maps, 2 game modes (Conquest and TDM). And a Horde mode.
 
Last edited:
Seems there's a lot of negative press already hitting Gears of War: E-Day.
(For similar reasons to Halo)



By comparison, Ace Combat IMO can be considered a niche title.
It's never been a game that's a "top seller" anywhere in the same league as titles like Gears of War or Halo ...

But here's how the 3 have stacked up in terms of player count on Steam:


Halo:
1791030508423.png

Gears of War:
1791030686469.png
Ace Combat:
1791030634853.png

The fact that it's even comparable to Gears in terms of player count is absolutely insane!

The Coalition seems to already be worried that they might be next on the chopping block:
1791031013756.png

One thing that stood out to me personally is how users mentioned performance issue in the negative reviews so far.
I recall expecting it to perform better than other UE5 games, because of some of the claims The Coalition made in some of their videos.
But it seems those turned out to be false.

I really wish devs would stop using Unreal Engine ...
 
Back
Top Bottom